“Lovely place!!!”

Ranked #12 of 114 Restaurants in Tralee
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Just five minutes from the town centre, IL Pomo D'Oro restaurant brings a taste of the Mediterranean to Tralee. With a wide variety of dishes to choose from, we specialise in home made pastas, risottos, pizza, and all our sauces are prepared daily from the freshest and finest ingredients. You'll also find fish, beef and lamb on the menu, sourced locally, but prepared with an irresistible Italian flavour. Our wide range of Italian and world wines provide the perfect compliment to whichever dish you choose.If you believe that dessert is the best part of the meal, then Il Pomo d'Oro will not disappoint. combined with the rich smooth flavour of our freshly ground Franck coffee, it's the perfect end to any meal.Il Pomo D'oro offers an Early Bird menu every day with great value specials at weekends.
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've been with my husband a couple of times in tralee and every time I come now I can't leave without stoping and having a meal at -il pomo d'oro-
I just love the place, it's so cozy , the waitresses are so friendly, And what's most important the food is just Delicious !!! I had pollo di Parma and my husband had Duck , just gorgeous ! I would recommend to anybody , as it is for me I will go anytime I'm in Tralee ! Best of luck !!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Eniami
There are newer reviews for IL Pomo Doro Restaurant

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Dined at your restaurant last night with some friends, I must say it was an outstanding meal served by most efficient and courteous staff...Excellent Wine List also with a wide variety of Wines from around the world.. I would thoroughly recommend it and will deffinatly return again real soon....

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was recommended by friends, who we took for lunch. They had had great experiences there before, and I must say we were not disappointed. The food is excellent - freshly cooked and with fresh ingredients. It has a real Italian flavour, the staff are very friendly and the prices are reasonable. Because we were having lunch, we didn't get to try any of the wines, so can't comment on this aspect of the menu. However, we'll be back!

1  Thank 06D123
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have just spent a coupleofdays in Tralee as I was accompanying my wife who was having her tonsils removed in the Bon secour hospital there.
I stayed at the Brandon , which whilst good value was average at best. Anyway,
Whilst waiting for my good lady to get the all clear, I went in search of a good lunch meal with a book and a few hours to kill.
Il Pomo Doro struck me and was delighted to find a warm casual friendly atmosphere with locals and and a few business types., and a feel of a restaurant in a much warmer climate.
I had the prawn risotto which was absolutely excellent and put me in mindof one I had had in a back street bar in Venice . Wonderfully el dente.
Followed by an expresso or two. The service was absolutely excellent and wonderfully warm.
It is run by a husband and wife team who really understand the principals of restaurants are based not in lengthy menus of poor standards and stereotype looks but flavour, culture, friendship and skill.
I can't rate this place highly enough, thank you and good luck. You deserve continued success.

2  Thank Simonmwilkinson
Reviewed October 31, 2012

great food , staff lovely, very reasonably priced, romantic , will return, highly recommend, early bird or ala carte , a diamond in tralee

1  Thank smbkm