“Delightful experience”

Keanes of Curraheen
Ranked #11 of 54 Tralee B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had to pleasure of finding myself in this property for 2 nights in October . Spectacular views , great food , comfortable rooms & personable staff . It was everything I had hoped for on my short visit to West Kerry. Will definitely return .

• Stayed: October 2013
There are newer reviews for Keanes of Curraheen

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked a double room for two nights and arrived in the early afternoon to check in. We were told by the owner, in a very crowded bar/restaurant that our booking had been cancelled by venere.com (we booked through trivago.com) as the credit card used was "invalid". How embarrassing! We were then told that our room had been given to somebody else and there were no other rooms available! This was after driving for 3 hours! I had a booking number, received from venere.com on an e-mail confirming the booking and the amount debited from the credit card, but we were still turned away! We were speechless! We were also told by the owner that this had happened before, there was nothing he could do about it, and we were left without accommodation for our holiday in peak season with everywhere booked out for the Rose of Tralee Festival! We have since checked with our bank and there is ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM with the credit card and we used it to book alternative accommodation several miles away. NOT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE. We e-mailed both venere.com and Keane's of Curraheen upon our return home and did not receive the courtesy of a reply from either. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. WOULD DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMEND!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Brighid G
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We didn't get a great start 3 years ago. However things have changed for the better since. The food and service for dinner were excellent. We would recommend this restaurant to any ody in the Tralee area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and kids greatly enjoyed our stay at the Keanes. You must try the salmon, which was a favorite of ours. Living in Colorado, we found the hospitality to be so very warm and friendly. The B&B was a terrific way for family to spend quality time together in such a beautiful setting with magnificent views. John is such a seasoned professional, who goes above and beyond to make your stay just perfect with a nice personal touch. We look forward to visiting the Keane's in the future. Best regards, Chris (Highlands Ranch, Colorado)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Chris C
Reviewed July 10, 2013

A warm welcome from John. Our room had far reaching views over the Dingle Bay and we watched the sun set at 2153pm on a hot sultry night.

Our room was large, airy, very clean and well appointed. Adjacent facitities for tea making suited us nicely. Nothing but praise from us here. A lovely comfy bed and good wifi all as the Doctor ordered = a great and welcome rest.

We had our Guinness and wine on the rear terrace in the sun and shade overlooking the bay and dined in the restaurant with the doorscwide open. A "Million Euro view". The menu was superb and who could turn down the Chefs own Chowder full of fish and shell fish or the local Smoked Salmon? We could not! Plus the chicken disk with truffle oil and fresh veg for the wife made our visit.

Now we were very lucky with the weather but this is a must to return come rain or shine. We certainly plan to be back.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LittlePlum&BigPlum
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I recently attended a wedding of a close friend at Keanes. It was such a fantastic day. The food and hopitality was top class. It was one of the most enjoyable weddings I have ever been at and I've been to quite a few. The owner John's attention to detail was something else.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aine C
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Ireland was a great place for hospitality, especially defined as kindness to the stranger. John Keane is proof of this. My husband and I were having a stressful day, details of which are not needed for this story. It was getting late into the afternoon, about 3:30PM. We had eaten at our B&B in Dingle but breakfast can only last so long. The drive from Tralee to Dingle was looking impossible on low blood sugar. We pulled into a car park in front of a nice appearing restaurant but noticed only one car in the lot. I took the task of investigating if it were open: door was not locked. I went in and saw no one but I heard rustling noises from the kitchen. I called "Hello" and knocked at the kitchen door. A man came into the dining room and explained that lunch ended at 2:30, but dinner would be served at 6:00. I almost cried. He saw my distress and told me to get my husband as he surely could serve us soup, brown bread, and beer to last us to Dingle. He poured beer for us and invited us to sit on his deck overlooking Tralee Bay while he warmed the soup. The sky was blue, the temperature was warm, and the view of the bay was spectacular. No food was ever so much a banquet as the vegetable soup, slices of brown bread with butter, and the pints of beer were to two travel-weary Americans. I can't imagine a kinder person than John Keane was us that afternoon. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012