“Disappointed traveller” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 56 Tralee B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointed traveller”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We turned up early evening tired and ready to relax in what appeared to be a nice environment, and after a fairly wam welcome, we were soon disappointed. We could not get internet access and when we asked where would be the best place in the house for reception, Maureen was less than helpful - bordering on being rude actually. Little things I know, but things that make travellers far from home feel more isolated, when all the other experiences throughout Ireland in B&Bs had been spectacular. Sorry Maureen you lost us and we certainly won't recommend your home - sadly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Margaret C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
mother21
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

As every hotel in Tralee is closed over Christmas, Benner's Hotel transferred the reservation I had made for my sister and mother so that they could spend Christmas with family, to Maureen's B & B in Oakpark, Tralee. This turned out to be disastrous. A double rather than a twin room was given to my elderly mother and sister. The house was cold. Maureen was rude and dismissive and offered only a continental rather than full breakfast. Having read SMg2Ct's review, I had asked my sister to confirm the reservation i had made to prevent a similar situation. Despite two phone conversations to confirm the reservation on top of the contact from Benner's hotel, Maureen, it seems had given the twin room reserved to others.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank mother21

Travelers are raving about these Tralee hotels

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

We showed up after being bumped from another B+B. Maureen greeted us warmly and showed us to our room. The room was very clean, nicely decorated, with a comfortable bed, and the shower was nice and hot too! She recommended a restaurant just a 5min walk that was very good. The breakfast was a full Irish breakfast that was simply wonderful, my husband still raves about it! Somehow during our stay I misplaced my little ziplock bag that had my earrings in it, but did not figure that out until I was unpacking at our next lodging. I called Maureen and she found the earrings, they had slipped underneath the bed! She was so excited and so was I! She mailed them to our last stop. I can't say enough about how gracious she was and how helpful. I would certainly recommend Maureen's to any travelers! Thanks again Maureen!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank hitravelor
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

We showed up in the early evening, without a reservation, when another B&B proved less that acceptable. Maureen was wonderful to stay with. Such hospitality! Coffee and tea when we arrived and a bountiful Irish breakfast to start the next morning. Accommodations are attractive, clean, roomy, safe, and comfortable. And the conversation delightful! Ample parking and within walking distance to town center.
John & Karen, Kentucky USA

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank JohnH42104
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

Maureen was very welcoming. The room we had was clean and comfortable,and the shower was hot. its just a 10 minute walk to the town so was ideal for us. Also the full irish breakfast was good and plenty of it.We were certainley full for the day and didn't need a lunch.
BUT if you are staying there make sure you agree on a price on the day, I was quoted 30 euro each per night . I didn't know till we had left that my husband was charged 35 euro each per night. It was still worth the money, but we should have paid the agreed price

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tina-r8
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

I recently stayed in Maureen B & B Tralee.
I was in Tralee from London on business and as the nearby hotel where my meetings were being conducted was booked out, my secretary booked me into Maureens.
I would usually stay in hotels while travelling but I must say I had a lovely, comfortable stay.
The location is central, It has a really nice hotel opposite and a grocery shop and newsagent a few min walk away. It's just 6 -7 min walk from the town centre and the breakfast was better than any hotel. It was piping hot and very tasty.
I will definetly stay when in Tralee again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank daithiLondon
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights while in Tralee on business. Overall, it was just what I would expect from a B&B. The place was kept nice and warm during my stay on a cold January week. However the welcome was a little less warm than I have usually experienced in Irish B&Bs. Decor was more modern than average. Breakfast was average. Basically, it's a fair place to stay without any really distinguishing features.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business