“fast food at its best”

Ranked #113 of 188 Restaurants in Killarney
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The best snack box in town, Staff a little angry and snappy after midnight was in there on a sat night after work at 3pm and the girl behind the counter was in a violent mood.

1  Thank Shaun M

Reviewed September 2, 2013

After a night out me and my boyfriend wanted to grab something quick to eat, we picked mikes take away... Everything was going OK, till we got our food in brown paper bag with two big foot prints.... Because we were really hungry we tried to forget about that incident and just eat it. Chips were very bad quality, and not cooked properly... Well, some other person wouldn't return... I did, only because every other place was closed that night, well... Burger king was open, but after hearing the story about horse meat I gave up. So I was standing inside mikes take away again, ordering food making the same mistake... I'm working in the food industry so I know a bit about the business. I have to say there's lack of hygiene. I was watching the place carefully the only thing I could see was the dirt all around the place. Another thing I saw was them putting back cooked chips back into oil and reheating them, I had my answer for my last bad dining experience . But the worst thing I saw while they were cooking was the disgusting bucket where they were keeping the chips.I have no idea who was writing previous trips, but my only advise is to stay away from this little filthy chip shop, god only knows what else are they doing in this kitchen, so if you don't want to waste your money (because it is very pricey too) , time and health, go for the horse burger....

2  Thank Roza J
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Visited this take away st Patrick's weekend and loved it the food was all cooked fresh service was brilliant woman working was so nice and told us where to go on our nights out the food was amazing its a pity I don't live closer to Killarney because I would eat here all the time!!!

1  Thank FletchR91
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Lovely food here, fresh and very tasty, good value too, They do a mean kebab, a must for kebab lovers ;)

2  Thank misschatterb0x
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Well lets just say we got squashed in this place its full of drunks prices where quite high for the minimal portion sizes which all seemed to be baby sized but the reason I gave three is because how lovely and fast working the staff where esp dealing with the amount of drunks pushing in