“Wonderful location, and staff!”
Review of The Laurels Pub

The Laurels Pub
Ranked #13 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I spent 5 nights in Killarney, and upon our first afternoon we asked the hotel where the hot spot is for the locals. She recommended the Laurels, and I am so glad she did. We went there first for lunch. The food was "down home" cooking, and the portions were plentiful. What really sold us on the place though was the staff. The bartender, Jeff, was very friendly, and the others were very outgoing in the Irish sort of way :) I would highly recommend the Laurels for a pint, good food, and good craic!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Twice in three days, I might add. We ate here for lunch and just loved the cozy atmosphere and friendly people. The seafood chowder was delicious and so satisfying. We walked around the next night looking at other places, and decided to go back to the Laurels. This time, my daughter got the burger and I had the potato cakes with bacon and chicken with a creamy mushroom sauce. So good! Much better than the typical "pub grub." This was by far our favorite restaurant in Killarney. Good food, good service, and reasonable prices. What more can you ask for?

1  Thank JonesieLinthicum
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We visited the pub after reviewing the menu options listed on the window. The entrees were priced around 7 to 11 Euro for adults and 5 Euro for kids. The boys had the chicken nuggets and chips which were very basic (5 nuggets with a handful of chips). The adults had the potato cake, ploughman's plate and seafood chowder. The chowder was excellent as was the potato cake which oddly was served with a huge potion of chips and a small salad. The ploughman's plate was hearty with slices of brown bread, Brie, goat and cheddar cheeses. The service was excellent and Eileen took great care of us.

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

My first time at this popular restaurant/bar,we were walk-ins and got a table straight away. Throughout our meal,the staff seated many walk-ins by placing people in the bar until a table was free.Staff were friendly and pleasant.Good menu,perhaps a few nightly specials would add to the menu.We had chowder and brie to begin with,both very nice,fresh and hot.I got the chicken fajitta for mains,it was nice but nothing spectacular.My partner got steak,it was a good size but again nothing spectacular.As the mains weren't mindblowing we decided not to go for desserts or coffee.I probably would go back again and try their lunch menu next time.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We have eaten in a fair number of restaurants in Ireland so far and apart from Zuni's in Kilkenny none have been good or bad enough to write about. However the Laurels was a great find and worth commenting on. Traditional Irish fare cooked just like your mother did, or should have in the case of mine. The bacon with mustard crust and colcannon ( potatoes and cabbage) and the Irish stew were full of flavour and of high quality, the portions were of a good size and for us too large as we couldn't finish them. the service was great and friendly. If you are visiting Killarney I would strongly suggest you try this restaurant