“Wonderful experience in Killarney”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Treyvaud's

Treyvaud's
Ranked #9 of 183 Restaurants in Killarney
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family run Restaurant in the heart of Killarney serving local food prepared with an International twist for well over ten years now. We welcome you to Treyvauds and are sure that you will enjoy fantastic fresh food served with a friendly smile. We look forward to seeing you.Paul & Mark Treyvaud and all the team at Treyvauds. We are open seven nights a week
South Florida, Florida
“Wonderful experience in Killarney”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Looked at the reviews on TripAdvisor for restaurants in Killarney and Treyvaud's was among the top rated. We first had tried to go to one of the other recommended restaurants - Hannigan's - but it was completely full, so we wandered through town and I noticed Treyvaud's and remembered it was also recommended, so we ventured in.

Atmosphere was congenial, warm and we were immediately seated by one of the friendly staff. He quickly told us that they did not have the lamb dishes but did have a venison special in its place.

My daughter and I split the grilled portobello mushrooms with the melted smoked cheese and both of us agreed it was excellent.

For the main courses, my daughter ordered the 8-hour cooked pork belly and I had the venison special. Both courses arrived in a reasonable time and both were cooked extraordinarily well. My daughter is generally an adventurous diner and her gamble with the pork belly, which she had never had before, paid off. It was absolutely delicious along with the side of french fries that accompanied it. My venison was also perfectly prepared - medium rare - with the wait staff quickly making sure that it was cooked to my liking. It was a venison version of filet mignon and was, quite simply the best venison I have ever had. It was accompanied by red cabbage and a potato/vegetable medley.

I enjoyed the house red wine for the meal which was quite good. We concluded the meal with espresso and tea.

We've eaten out in Killarney several nights and had excellent meals on each occasion, but the meal this evening at Treyvaud's was exceptional. I eat out frequently and rarely provide a review this positive.

So, to sum it up, we had very good service and an exceptional meal in a very comfortable and quiet environment at Treyvaud's. While not inexpensive, I would rate it as a good value given the overall experience - dinner came to 83 euros for the two of us - and it will be first on my list to visit again when I return to Killarney.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Billb303
Treyvauds, Owner at Treyvaud's, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Hi Bill. First of all, we were all, here at Treyvauds, blown away with your review. It's incredible feedback like this that makes us so proud of what we do. To think that your daughter and yourself had such an incredible experience with us makes us very happy and we can not thank you enough for taking the time to post up your amazing comments. We really appreciate you doing so and hopefully we'll meet you again if you ever visit our shores one more time

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bernadette W. "Great memory"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

After many years of being away from Ireland and finally coming back this summer (from Boston) I had found many changes. One very nice surprise was Treyvaud's restaurant. Myself and my daughter were privileged to have been taken there to eat by my first cousin, Donal. The food was delicious and the service was great. We were delighted and quite entertained with meeting one of the owners, Paul Treyvaud. Truly a great night and one to keep in the memory bank! I would definitely recommend this restaurant and looking forward to going back there in the future.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bernadette W
Treyvauds, Owner at Treyvaud's, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Hi Bernadette. Thank you so much for taking the time to post up such a wonderful review. It was a great night and really enjoyed chatting to you, Sean and everyone else. I think once I start telling a story, there is no stopping me!! Delighted you had such a great night and that Treyvaud's is a fond memory of your visit to Ireland

Dublin, Ireland
“Fav restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This is my favourite restaurant in kerry! It serves the best fresh food I've ever tasted! The steaks are amazing there and I've also had the trout there. The staff are polite and there is a good atmosphere inside. Can't wait to go back again, keep up the good work!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank timothy o
Treyvauds, Owner at Treyvaud's, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Hi Timothy. What a super review and it's an honor that you consider us to be your favourite restaurant in Kerry. You made all the team here at Treyvaud's very proud to see that!! Make sure to say hi next time you are back in with us

Malaysia
“Good food & good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Read the reviews on TA and decided to pop in for a late dinner.
Was very warmly welcomed by the staff. Only had a main course as I was not very hungry - venison as recommended by the waiter, which was very nicely done. Cooked to perfection.
There was no wi-fi in the restaurant, but the waiter very kindly switched on his own personal hotspot via his mobile. Very thoughtful of him.
Overall, a very good experience and will return if I visit Killarney again.

Note : I noticed that the owner gets a bit defensive in some of the replies when there are not so good reviews on TA. May want to tone it down a bit because I was initially a bit hesitant to try this restaurant as a result of this, of course I was lucky to ignore them and went ahead. Am not implying that the bad reviews are correct or incorrect, but just don't sound overly defensive as it may put some potential customers off.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank lifesucketh
Treyvauds, Owner at Treyvaud's, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Hi Lifesucketh. Thanks a million for taking the time to write such a great review. It's very much appreciated. Delighted you enjoyed everything

New York City, New York
“What a Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

We chose this restaurant for dinner in Killarney after reading the positive Tripadvisor reviews and I'm glad we did. Service was pleasant and attentive, and the food was excellent quality and good value.

• Visited July 2014
Treyvauds, Owner at Treyvaud's, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Hi Michelle! Thanks so much for your very kind review. It's very much appreciated and delighted you had such a great time with us!!