“Fantastic value - elegant comfort”

Park Place Apartments
Reviewed May 10, 2009

It was actually last Dec we stayed there but I must say there was little to complain about. Parking was brilliant - underneath the apartments accessed with same key as for front door. Lobby - stylish, high class looking. Really nice and quiet, I found. You don't meet many of the other people but sometimes on holiday that is nice because you just want to be away in your own little world, but having said that I found the place very secure. Furniture and fittings inside the apartments high standard and very comfortable. V. pleasant to come back too. Bedroom and bathroom would have lighting, furnishings etc of high class hotel. There were a couple of small drawbacks and they were so small I can't even really remember what they were. But we paid about 50 euros per night in Dec so to be honest I wasn't complaining about anything. we had a really nice comfortable quality stay thanks to these apartments. To sum them up, quiet, elegant and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed April 15, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Park Place Apartments in March 2009. We stayed for 6 days while visiting extended family in Killarney. Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom townhouse, even though we had booked a 1 BR apartment online. The townhouse was extremely nice...2 full bedrooms, 1 large bathroom, full kitchen, living room with flat screen, dining table, and a huge patio with table/chairs.

The building was always very quiet and noise was never an issue. Parking was also easy since the garage is located underneath the building. Everything in the apartment was clean and the only issue we had was a weird smell of mildew in the bathroom during our stay. The smell would come and go throughout the day and was coming from the shower drain. Other than that, everything was perfect and the price was unbelievable for the amount of space we had ($290US for 6 nights)!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2009

My husband and I travelled here for our 5th wedding anniversary to tour Southwest Ireland... We booked a 1 room bedroom and was rewarded with an upgrade to a 2 bedroom - which I used to store all of my purchases!!! =0)

We arrived early and the hostess was kind enough to let us check-in early, which was great, as we were suffering from severe jet lag!

The staff and hotel were WONDERFUL! The rooms were very spacious, clean and modern. The town of Killarney is quite small really, and there is a Dunnes about a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel, as well as a convenience store right around the corner for a quick snack. There are also many restaurants/shops/pubs/etc, VERY close. The staff was fantastic...

We are looking to planning another trip back to Ireland with plans to return to this town - and hotel! It was great for touring the SW (Ring of Kerry, Blarney, etc), even with gas/petrol prices as high as they are!

We recommend this place to anyone even mentioning Ireland!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2009

we travelled to killarney for the all-irelands irish dance championships & i booked a 2-bedroom for myself & my daughter at park place self-catering.

it was WONDERFUL -- very spacious, comfortable, well-appointed apartment, clean, quiet, & perfect location. there is a convenience store right around the corner & it is very easy walking distance from many restaurants, shops, etc. the management is excellent, very helpful & friendly. our friends had booked elsewhere, stayed at their original place one night, & then decided to move into our place instead.

we will definitely stay here the next time we visit the killarney area & i would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2008

These apartments are absolutely fantastic.
The apartment we stayed in was finished to the highest standard, no expense spared with furnishings, bedding etc.
Our apartment was two bedrooms, one with shower room bathroom ensuite, one family bathroom with jacuzzi bath. The only downside in our apartment was the twin is ensuite and a better aspect to the double.Downstairs a lounge, kitchen dining .The kitchen is again to a great standard. There is also a downstairs toilet.
The location is a minutes walk to the town, which has fantastic rstaurants, pubs lovely mixture of shops etc.
The views around Killarney are absolutely out of this world in all different seasons and weathers .
Staying at Park Place in Killarney is a great holiday for all ages/families/groups. Excellent value.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2008

I stayed in a luxurious 2 story appartment with my girlfriend . It Had All the mod cons and found the staff to be excellent and very helpful. It is situated in the heart of Kilarney town on the high street .Really enjoyed my stay and I am looking forward to going back again soon . Would recommend to anyone ....

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed September 17, 2008

This is the first time i have written a review. We found this place by accident, i had been looking for the park hotel, but found this gem instead, at first i discounted staying in a holiday apartment(i love my comfort), but the more we talked about it, the more it made sense, traveling with two children, the freedom that that an apartment offered appealed to us. I contacted the apartments direct.
Its location could not be better, right in the town center, its car park was more secure than any other hotel I have ever been to, and its reception areas are beautifull and secure( high tech access key cards, you know, star trek kinda stuff)
The apartments themselves, what can i say to do them justice, were beautiful and BIG. the rooms were as comfortable as any 4 star hotel with a massive king in our room with a lovely ensuite. the boys had a room, just as big with two good sized single beds, with the main bathroom next door.
the layout of the kitchen/dinning/sitting area is open planned and well layed out, the kitchen has everything you need including a great washer/dryer, we found this great. we would put stuff on in the morning before we went out, and by the time we got back it was washed and dryed.( the last reviewer wrote that she ruined her top, you would want to be some kind of giant muppet, not to 1- be able to work the washer dryer and 2- not to read the label on the back of your clothes. that was lesson 1 my mother taught me before she let me loose on the world). the best thing about our stay was the freedom. we came and went as we pleased, not having to worry about bothering anybody. we were able to cook full meals or simply get a take away.
one more thing, i want to thank michelle( i think), the manager, we were delayed in leaving home and did not arrive till late( really late), she did not bat an eyelid when we told her, she met us herself at that late hour and went through everything we would need to know.

WE WIIL BE BACK.................

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family