“Lovely stay in beautiful Killarney”

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

We have just come back from a lovely four day stay in beautiful Killarney to attend a Wedding and chose to stay in the Park Place Apartments due to the location and value of the apartments and they were recommended.

They apartments are in a great location near to lovely restaurants and shops in the high street.

They are great value for the luxury they have, I shared with my husband and two children and had two big double bedrooms one with an en-suite and another big family bathroom both with complementary toiletries.

We had a spacious lounge dining area with leather sofa's and a big wide screen tv, we also requested a DVD player which was put in too.

The kitchen is fully equipped with a great cooker, microwave, dishwasher and washer dryer.

We felt at home here and were sorry to leave we would recommend the apartments and would not stay anywhere else in Killarney, thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Nikki G

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Myself, my husband and 3 kids are home after a week here..wow! The apartments are new, clean, fresh and well equipped. We were in apt 213 what a balcony! I wouldn't hesitate to book here again and would recommend it!! The location is perfect and secure parking a big bonus. I can't say enough. I do agree with the previous review re; child able to open door but we locked it and put buggy in front of the door with brakes on..problem solved for us!!! I felt the entry system ( fob for main door and parking ) is an excellent idea and makes the building very secure. The staff were very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. In the lobby there was an information stand with a huge variety of info on activities and restaurants saving time wondering what to do or where to eat. Can't wait to come back and stay again!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Ddun1
ParkPlaceApartments, Manager at Park Place Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Ddun1,
Thank you for the "wow" comments.
It's great to read about a satisfied customer.
We have investigated your remarks regarding the locks in the apartments (also mentioned by a previous guest). Speaking with the lock suppliers, these are 'emergency release locks' and are a mandatory safety feature in case of fire.
Obviously, the safety and wellbeing of our guests is our #1 priority so these cannot be changed.
Hope to see you again soon.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Found this by chance before New Years eve 2010, a google search thank you google!! Stayed here New Years 2010, St. Patricks weekend 2011&12, a week in September 2011 and a few weekends in 2011 and 2012. It is a real find, the apartments are new and modern. Such a lovely location just off the High street with secure underground parking. The staff Anne and Michelle are very helpful and will try and accommodate the guests as best they can. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Killarney and neither would my parents and they have been coming to Killarney for 40 years!! Couldn't recommend these apartments enough, you are less than a 2 minute walk to the main street in Killarney - it's perfect!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindyP2010
ParkPlaceApartments, Manager at Park Place Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

LindyP2010,
Many thanks for the lovely review.
We love to see guests returning on numerous occasions.
It means that we are doing (most) things well.
Yes, we are blessed with Michelle & Ann, both of whom are fantastic hospitality embassadors.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

myself, my wife and two kids just spent a week in park place apartments. we stayed in a two bed apartment. The apartments are excellent, clean, good size and on the edge of town centre you couldnt ask for better. staff were helpfull and kind. If i had one LITTLE bad thing to say it would be that my 2 and a half year can open the front door of the apartment from inside, so when asleep at night we had to watch for him not to get up. a little lock or chain high up on the door would fix this. apart from that it was excellent. and as i said we will be back. keep up the good work and THANKS.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mollylad

Dear mollylad,
I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable holiday with us.
Thank you for drawing our attention to the matter of the lock.
I will review this system and see what can be done.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

i knew this place would be good from what visitors have said about it , but i was amazed at just how good it is, great value for money, top hotel spec accomodation and the best location in killarney with free secure parking. what more would you ask for? staff were very accomodating, even suppling us with an extra bed as there were 5 of us. place was clean and quiet, and being able to walk out your door and be in the heart of killarney wea brilliant. would we stay here again?get my credit card i want to book again now!!!

Room Tip: you get use of swimming pool at sister hotel, all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've stayed here a total of 4 times now. I love this place. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. The location is perfect. The price you pay for the apartments is very, very reasonable. I've paid more in some hostels and B&Bs and an apartment is much more convenient. For me anyway.
I also can't believe how quiet the apartments are. You hear the occasional sound, but it's mostly quiet. Something I value a lot. Also love that Wifi is now available in the apartments as well. Helped me check-in for a flight and it's also convenient for the odd email checking.

I simply can't praise this place high enough. Whenever I'll visit Killarney in the future, I'll happily book here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor apartment. The views from up there are dimly stunning.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear exit75,
Thank you so much for writing such a fantastic review.
As a tourist business our aim is to keep happy customers returning again and again.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Before I go any further, I think the review below is disgusting and borders on the line of extreme Racism. It in no way is reflective of our stay in this wonderful complex. As a Solicitor, I think it is slanderous and I hope that the management and owners respond in the strongest possible terms.
Now back to our stay. We found the apartments quite by accident, but Glad we did. We wanted to get away at the start of July, but as my mother in-law was not well, we knew that it was a date that we could not set in stone. We dealt with Michelle, who I believe is general manager and who, going by her accent, is definitely not polish ( not that it matters ). She was understanding of our situation when most would have just told us to get our act together on our own time, but she left us in no doubt that if we had to delay and push our stay back that our deposit would be safe. When we arrived late that wet and windy Friday night that was more like mid December than mid July, Michelle herself wad waiting for us. She not only checked us in but brought us up to our beautiful apartment and spent time explaining and demonstrating how to work the various equipment. The apartment is so well appointed, beautiful marble floors, big bathroom with nice bath. Two big bedrooms one of which is ensuite and would not look out of place in a five star hotel. The best thing about staying in a self catering apartment is that you can stay in and cook. The kitchen had all the mod cons, big fridge,great cooker and induction hob. The washer dryer was great. Throw in a wash in the morning as you are leaving and come back later and it's washed and dried . Dunnes stores is just down the street, ask Anne or Michelle for the short cut, and if you are not partial to polish fare as the reviewer below so obviously isn't, there is a small londis shop just next door. Car parking is safe and secure, which is so important if you are getting back late at night. Even though there is no pool or gym on site, Anne supplied us with vouchers for a sister hotel, which was great way to distract my two young children on the wet days. Finally, I want to thank both Michelle and Anne who were fantastic. Nothing too big or small. I spent quite a bit of time on the sofas in reception with some work related "stuff", and had the pleasure of watching and I'm sorry, listening to some of the enquiries from other guest, girls you are both saint's, even the most stupid request was dealt with a smile. Would we stay again? Already looking forward to it

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MarcelMarcoux
ParkPlaceApartments, Manager at Park Place Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear MarcelMarcoux,
Thank you very much for the lovely review and your kind words of support.
I am delighted to read such a positive report on your stay with us.
Hope to see you again soon.
Warm Regards,