“Security ruin the concert”
Review of INEC

INEC
More attraction details
Owner description: Ireland's largest multi-purpose national events centre. Located within an easy distance of three major airports, the INEC is an incredible venue spanning 3,000 square metres. The INEC regularly hosts national and international acts as well as various large-scale theatre and musical productions. With a flexible seating capacity capable of accommodating between 200 and 3,000 people. Past acts include Riverdance which completed two successfull seasons , Buena Vista Social Club, Trisha Yearwood, UB40, Sterophonics and Van Morrison to name but a few.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had travelled from uk for hours & then across on train for hours to see the jedward concert. They were amazing as ever but the gig was spoiled by over zealous irritating security who could not control fans. Why would fans want to sit down at a jedward gig? They are all about energy and fun so fans want to stand up to enjoy it. No harm was being done by standing but the security were picking on certain fans constantly and being very annoying. You couldn't see when sitting coz of the security standing up, so when they realised fans were not going to sit they lost control and became quite aggressive. Anyone would have thought we were at heavy metal gig rather than a family friendly jedward concert! No one tried to get on Stage & were content to stand by their seats. They completely ruined the enjoyment of the concert and it's a Shame because jedward were incredible, even encouraging fans to stand! The security even through fans out who stood up for themselves & were completely outrageous to some fans.
I would not return to the Inec unless security was reviewed & most fans feel this way.

10  Thank Soxpatch
INECKillarney, Manager at INEC, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Many thanks for posting your comments regarding the Jedward show on 16th February. As I have said in some other responses on here, we are always reviewing our security and safety measures as well as all the other aspects involved in putting on a show.
A Jedward concert will always attract families and young children, so by its very nature the event has to be an all-seated performance. That way we can ensure everyone is comfortable, safe and has a great time. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our security team and, in the meantime, hope this will not stop you from attending future events at the INEC.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Don't come to Kerry if you want fun family friendly entertainment - the INEC is a total let down these days.
Since 2010 I've travelled from the UK to Kerry on a regular basis to attend Jedward concerts. Despite the distance and expense of travel the INEC was for some time one of the best venues for the high energy family friendly shows the Jedward twins put on for their fans.
Sadly this has changed and nowadays the behaviour of the security team makes me feel insecure and vulnerable. Its not just the heavy handed confrontational style security - surely a light touch watchful eye would be more appropriate for a family audience - but the several instances I have personally seen of audience members being singled out for special abuse - victimised - and thrown out if they challenge back.
All in all a very unpleasant atmosphere - but maybe there's already enough money in Kerry and businesses don't need visitors in their hotels and venues any more?

12  Thank Jane T

Many thanks for posting a comment regarding your recent visit to the INEC to see Jedward, We have noted your concerns regarding security and passed them on to the relevant team. The safety of audiences, residents and customers is of paramount importance for us here and I would like to assure you we constantly review our arrangements to ensure everyone feels comfortable and enjoys themselves whilst on the premises.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I just wanted to express my concerns regarding the behavior of the security team at the recent Jedward concert. The TOTAL lack of professionalism & manner towards the general public was so disturbing. This matter needs to be addressed immediately

12  Thank JedJiggle

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've been to this venue a number of times and can honestly say Ive never witnessed such appalling behavior by any security in my 15 years of attending concerts (many of which very crowded and managed excellently by well trained security)
The man handling, physical contact, shouting and swearing in people s faces was abolutely disgusting, all this for daring to do what every one else in the venue was doing -standing in their allocated and paid for area. They target certain areas and let others freely do what they abuse other paying customers for. Until they change the bullying staff I will not be returning to this venue and will be encouraging others to boycott it also.

20  Thank afx85

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your vist to the INEC to see Jedward. We always welcome and value customer feedback, as it is vital in highlighting areas that may be in need of attention.

I have passed on your concerns regarding security at the event to the relevant team, but in the meantime would like to advise you that a family show of this nature, where a considerable number of young children will be attending, dictates that the event is fully seated. We do not do this to stop you having a good time, we do this to ensure everyones safety, comfort and enjoyment. We sincerely hope this will not stop you visiting the venue again in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I am writing regarding a couple of issues I have with the venue seating and the security. Firstly, I have never been to a Jedward concert before where we have been told to sit. Everywhere I've visited they've allowed us to just stand in front of our seats. Making people sit causes more problems than it's worth, imo. I was on the front row on Saturday and all I saw most of the first half were the security people walking in front of me shouting 'SIT DOWN' every 2 minutes. This absolutely ruins the show. There is no way you are going to get everyone to sit down at a Jedward concert because there are certain times where everyone who knows the songs will get up and dance. The boys also don't want fans to sit as that's not what a Jedward gig is all about. They want everyone involved creating a fun atmosphere. The only time I would like to see security involved is when anyone runs to the front of the stage or if fans are standing on their chairs, which I personally think is unnecessary. When John (from Jedward) announced we should all stand and security finally realised they were fighting a losing battle things were so much more enjoyable.

The other thing I want to mention is about my friend who flies over from the UK in her wheelchair. The INEC are usually very good to her and she always manages to obtain a spot in the front row. This time, however, she was put right at the end of the row with the stage side on. When the security blokes were sorting people out they just stood in front of her so she couldn't see! Even though without the the standing /security she was so far along from the stage, beyond the speakers, she would have found it difficult to see anyway. I don't want to sound ungrateful because the INEC do usually sort her out a front row seat but Saturday was so disappointing after she'd travelled all that way.

The first couple of times I came to the INEC it was magic, an incredible atmosphere. That's because everyone was allowed to stand and dance around a bit. Now it's all about battling with security. It's sad it changed because it was one of my favourite venues. I hope maybe that something can be changed for next time.

16  Thank SJ1000_13
INECKillarney, Manager at INEC, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts regarding the show on 16th February. We always welcome and value customer feedback, as it is vital in highlighting areas that may be in need of attention and prompts constructive self-assessment.

We have noted your concerns regarding security and the seating restrictions dictated by a show of this nature where young children will be attending. The safety of audiences, residents and customers is of paramount importance for us here and I would like to assure you we constantly review our arrangements to ensure everyone feels comfortable and enjoys themselves whilst on the premises.