“Clean and Modern”
Review of Ardree House

Ardree House
Ranked #49 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Very nice B&B, convenient to Killarney town centre and the Nat'l Park. Free internet, good breakfast, in the heart of a very fun town. Had a great stay with no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 28, 2011

Let me put a disclaimer - we had already been spoiled by wonderful Irish charm before we arrived here...

This B&B is a mix between a small 2/3 star hotel and an actual b&b. It was clean, covered all the bases and was in an extremely ideal location. If you are looking for a place to go to that you can walk to all shopping, pubs & attractions, this is it. If you are looking for the wonderful sweet irish charm, this isn't it.

My boyfriend and I spent one night here, it's clean, but big. It lacks charm & feels like a 2 or 3 star hotel, more than it feels like a b&b. We were greeted by a young lady who was nice but wasn't clear that she worked there or just opened the door. I think she was foreign, she surely didn't have an irish accent. IN the morning we were served by another foreign employee. We didn't meet the owners, so I can't speak to their friendliness.

Becase of the size and age, it's not extremely quiet, but if you are coming home late (and had a few to many drinks) you wouldn't care anyway.

I think next time we'd skip this place and find one with more charm, but it worked & again, it may be perfect for what you are looking for.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Although The Ardree House is in a good location for touring Killarney, if you are looking for a warm Irish welcome, you might want to look elsewhere. When we arrived we were greeted by a young lady who I think was Polish, she was nice, but cordial. My sons were in a room on the main floor, and my husband and I were on the top floor, two flights up. Our room was okay, there was no tea or coffee service which I had seen in the other B&B's, and the odd thing was the TV. It was bolted to the wall ,waist-high. We kept bumping into it, very odd. There didn't seem to be anyone around during the day, although we did meet the owner John who was friendly and professional. He took care of booking our Ring of Kerry tour. The breakfast was good, but when I pointed out that we could use more fruit salad, it never appreared. All in all, it is a large, clean,beautiful home in a great location. I just think they need to improve on their hospitality skills.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My wife Pat and I were guests at Ardree House last August and had a wonderful stay. The Kings were very gracious and hospitable hosts and the accomodations were clean and very comfortable. The Ardree House is very conveniently located just a short walk to downtown Killarney so you don't need a car to get to shops, cafes, movie theaters, etc. It's also close to Killarney National Park so you can enjoy the sights there taking a jaunting car ride through the park if you so desire. We highly recommend the Ardree House to all.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2011

This was the second house we stayed in and it was just as wonderful as the first! John and his wife were both very helpful, kind, and accomadating to my sister and I. This is also just a couple of blocks from home. Also just down the street (less than a block) is the O'Connors Auto Tours - this tour is well worth taking. They do the Dingle Pennisula and the Ring of Kerry. Our guide (Donal - not sure on my name spelling) was truly wonderful, talented, and humours. I high recommend using this tour company they were fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 1, 2011

A group of 4 couples traveled in May . We stayed 2 nights at the Ardree House and were provided Clean rooms, Grand breakfasts, and Great service. Kind of a small gourmet hotel. Probably the closest B&B to Killarney town. 5 star facility

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We spent and enjoyable two evenings at Ardree. The owner, John, arranged for
our Ring of Kerry bus tour. Well worth the price.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family