“Would Definitely recommend!!!”
Review of Scotts Hotel

Scotts Hotel
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed September 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Scotts Hotel for 3 nights and found it to be a lovely hotel. It is right in the heart of Killarney and perfectly located for day trips anywhere. The food was lovely in both the hotel restaurant and in the bar. Entertainment was provided each night and I have to stay we would go back to Killarney and especially to this hotel. Rooms were spacious and clean and bathroom was huge.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
ScottsKillarney, General Manager at Scotts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2010

Dear Guest

It is with great pleasure that I read your review on trip advisor, I would like to thank you for your great comments on Scott's Hotel; we aim to provide a relaxed and enjoyable experience to all our guests in Scott's Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our nightly entertainment in Scott's Courtyard which we provide for guests and locals during the peak season of June to September.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Scotts Hotel in the near future.
Dan McCarthy
Scotts Hotel Killarney.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed August 19, 2010

I stayed at the Scott Hotel for two nights and really enjoyed my time there. It is in a great location, the lobby area is modern and warm and it was a convenient place to grab a pint and use the wifi. The bartenders were always very friendly and made me feel welcome.

I agree that based on where your room is it can be a little loud. It didn't really bother me. I kind of liked hearing people outside having a good time but you might ask for a more out of the way room at check in if that is a concern.

When I was there the place was packed and as a result I felt like they were getting people in and out as quickly as possible at breakfast. It would have been uncomfortable to linger, drink tea and plan your day as you could see people lined up wanting a table to eat. I didn't have a "real" dinner here but did eat outside one night at the picnic tables. I had the fish and chips which were very tasty.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at the Scott and would come back.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
ScottsKillarney, Guest Relations Manager at Scotts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2010

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review on trip advisor; I will inform the bar of your review, they will delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The Courtyard Restaurant in Killarney is a fresh, airy open plan eatery, where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served to both hotel residents and visitors. At peak times during breakfast; on occasion it can be quiet busy, we do suggest our guest to avail of earlier breakfast time to avoid such delays.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Patricia O'Mahony
Guest Relations Manager.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

Stayed for two nights b&b plus one dinner for €129 pps. The hotel is right in the centre of the town with free underground car parking adjascent. It is a sister hotel to the Gleneagle and so you can avail of her services such as leisure centre etc however it is a bit of a trek away.

Our room was in the newly refurbished part of the hotel and was very spacious and modern. Double doors opened onto a small ledge overlooking the town and the famous "jarvies" and their horses. The showerroom was large and probably could've fitted a bath in there. The shower was my only complaint re the accommodation - you had three temperatures - scalding, freezing or luke warm. The shower door was also broken which led to very wet floor tiles but nobody was sent to fix it when we told reception.
Breakfast was by way of a "cooked to order" full irish and/or fruit/cereals/yogurts. Lovely to have a large modern hotel that doesn't serve a pre cooked buffet style breakfast.
Dinner wasn't so great. Firstly we were sat on top of two other couples either side of us even though the restaraunt wasn't at all full, which meant conversation for all three was curtailed. Secondly when the waitress came to take our order she wouldn't take my wine order - this, apparently, had to be taken by the bar staff. Strange then when the other two tables who had a different waitress ordered their's with her. I had to wait until after my starter before I got to order a drink. We both ordered a ceasar salad to start - it was basically a bowl of lettuce with a bottle of ceasar dressing poured over it - not very appetising at all. For mains we both ordered steak, mine medium and my husband's medium well. Both were overly well done and dry. Desserts were fine. It was very disappointing, especially as everything else was so nice.
Overall I would reccommend this hotel but I would eat elsewhere in the evenings.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

hotel has a public bar and lounge within the courtyard where the hotel is situated. After the loud music stops, around midnight, the revellers carry on until 6.30am, singing and shouting. Management do not seem to care as i complained at checkout and was assured that someone would phone me but needless to say they did not. Receptionist advised me it had been particularly bad on my last night and they were expecting complaints. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU CAN DO WITHOUT SLEEP OR INTEND TO JOIN IN WITH THE DRINKERS.
I would class this hotel as a lower 2 star.
Dennis, co tyrone

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2010

we went to Scotts Hotel as a mid week special break, I was delighted when i arrived and saw the lobby very stylish, once given our room, the room was very disappointing not at all like the picture in the promotional pages on the hotel website
the bathroon light would not work and the bed squeaked really bad, the patio doors looked promising untill we discoverd the only went out onto a flat roof which was not really for guests, the second room given to us was no better it over looked the service yard and the bathroom only had a shower no tub, we later discovered that the shower was merely dribbling water, the worst shower ever, the bathroom was old and grotty
the bed was ok, but we couldn't open the window as from early morning the staff used this area to meet in groups and chat also at times there was a smell of fumes in the yard
when advertised as 3 star you expect the standard to go further than the lobby and a few rooms used for photo shoots !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comments on trip advisor. I would like to sincerely apologies that you were dissatisfied with both rooms, I will speak to the maintenance and accommodation department regarding your comments.

We have a variety of rooms in Scotts Hotel, ranging from standard, family rooms, double deluxe to plush self catering apartments, we aim to accommodate all our guest with a comfortable and relaxed experience, I apologies that we did not meet that standard for you.

I will speak to all head of department informing them of your comments regarding our staff.

I hope that you do return to Scott's in the near future, if you return please call Siobhan Lucey, the Front Office Manager on 064 6631060 and she will deal with your booking directly. We will endeavour to make your next stay in Scott's Hotel an experience to remember for all the right reasons.

Best wishes
Dan McCarthy

Reviewed July 13, 2010

Really enjoyed my stay at Scotts hotel, check in and out for quick and easy by lovely reception staff, the location is perfect-rite in centre of town with an underground car park, the room we were allocated was huge, as was en suite bathroom, it was all very modern and 100% clean, didn't eat in the restaurant of the hotel so can't comment on that, ate in the bar and food was fine, had breakfast delivered to the room the next morning and it was fine, nice food, arrived at the said time ect. The bar in the hotel is a lively spot with great music, had few drinks there is a great atmosphere in the place. Will be returning to this hotel, beautiful rooms in a perfect location in Killarney

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank locat22

Dear Guest

I would like to thank for your review on trip advisor, I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your stay in Scott's Hotel Killarney. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the bedrooms and Scotts Bar, we aim to provide a relaxing and fun place to be while you are on your much needed break away. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Scott's Hotel in the near future.

Patricia O'Mahony
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2010

Great location, right in centre of town, had no problem with noise as we were on 4th floor. Rooms very impressive, lovely decor, spacious, beautiful bathroom. Nice breakfast and staff very friendly especially girl at reception.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank olive005
ScottsKillarney, Guest Relations Manager at Scotts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2010

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay in Scotts Hotel Killarney. I will let the reception department now about your comments, they will be delighted to hear that.

Scotts Hotel Killarney