“Perfect Location in Killarney” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scotts Hotel

and 1 more site!
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
cork
“Perfect Location in Killarney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed for two nights with a group of friends. Very convenient location for shopping etc. My room on the first floor was spotless & very spacious and had a decent size TV. The only fault that I found with it was that it wasn't very warm the heating was only on for a short time & was turned off about 9pm at night. The dining room was also cold when we were having our meal between 6 & 7pm.
I emailed the hotel a few days before my arrival to notify them of my dietary requirements & was disappointed that I didn't even get an acknowledgement so I rang the hotel the day before & they had noted my request but it would have been nice to have got a reply to my email.
I was pleasantly surprised on arrival at the hotel to find that the restaurant manager was aware of my requests & went out of her way to see that my meals were suited to my requirements. All the staff were very helpful & friendly & nothing was too much trouble for them. I would recommend this hotel for the location & particularly for the attention to detail & friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Delvin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night and staff were very friendly and helpful. Great location in the centre of the town with free parking. Room was spacious and spotless very comfortable, with all the added extras for comfort. Breakfast was very good plenty of choice. Would stay if was back in the area again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We arrived yesterday and the check in staff were very pleasant, we were a little early but they said we could leave our suitcases with them while we went out to grab some food. Came back and they had the keys all ready for us, went and found our rooms and they are enormous! We were only booked as a twin room, but have a double bed and 2 twin beds. Fabulous rooms with lovely decor, the bathrooms are very large too, plenty of room to manoeuvre in there.
As for cleanliness I don't have a problem with any of it and I'm very particular.
Breakfast was lovely this morning, plenty for everyone.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, for comfort, for location, for price, for ease, for everything!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ScottsKillarney, General Manager at Scotts Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Hevs75,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments on trip advisor regarding your stay at Scotts Hotel. I am glad to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us. Here at Scotts we try to do everything we can to make our guests stay as comfortable and stress free as possible.
Thank you again, we hope to welcome you again sometime in the future.
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I wanted to say how much we enjoyed being in Scotts Hotel in Killarney. You treated us like royalty and we felt very much at home. Thanks a million. We loved Killarney and Scotts Hotel made the experience perfect... location, service and ambience.
This week we are in Roundstone and the weather has persisted in spoiling us. Sun and wind every day.
Please pass along our deep thanks to Maurice and Annette and all the staff.
best
kieran

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kieran,
Thank you very much for your comments on trip advisor regarding your stay in Scott’s Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in every aspect. Here at Scotts we all pride ourselves on customer service from Annette at reception who has been with us for many years and has a great rapport with our customers to our managing director Maurice O’ Donoghue who treats everyone with the utmost respect and as a friend. I will be sure to pass on your comments to them.
Thank you again Kieran we look forward to welcoming you in future.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Scotts Hotel Easter weekend for my birthday, my partner booked it as a surprise for me.

We felt we were left disappointed by the whole experience from the moment we arrived! My partner had booked the break through Supervalu get away breaks, however, when we arrived at reception to check in they did not have our booking. Luckily we had the online booking receipt to hand and although the receptionist dealt with this promptly and efficiently at no point was an apology made for the oversight, in fact she was so abrupt as to point out that we were "lucky they still had a room for us"

When we arrived at our nicely spacious room there was evidence of a poor housekeeping standard. One of the milk cartons in our room was all ready opened, and when the other cartons were added later to a cup of tea the milk curdled immediately! The dust on the lap shades and lamp bulbs was further evidence that that the room had not been thoroughly cleaned.

The following morning at breakfast out tea was not hot and the fried eggs were stone cold!

I really felt the standards were unacceptable for a 4 star hotel.

I did not mention any of this on check out because, as I mentioned, my partner had booked this as a birthday present for me and I did not want to appear disappointed in front of him.

Since leaving, I have emailed the hotel explaining my disappointment and outlining my issues, however, nearly a month later I have still not had as much of an acknowledgement, let alone a response to the email from the hotel. I also sent the email via facebook message to the hotel, again no response!

I am, therefore, left with a very poor opinion of this hotel, I will not be returning and will definitely not be recommending!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel altogether !!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Anneosullivan65
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

While visiting friends in Killarney we went into the bar in Scotts Hotel for a bit to eat. Service was excellent and food was lovely. Portions were a little on the large size for me but then again I am a smallish eater. I had the Chicken goujons, very tasty there just was enough of the dipping sauce for my liking. I have often eaten here I just felt with the financial times we are in thought some of the prices on the menu were a little just a little on the high side.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Nicky5000,
Thank you for your comments on trip advisor regarding your experience in Scott’s. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food at Scott’s Bar. I am sorry to hear that you did not agree with the pricing of the food. The price however would be reflected in the portion size. We will be sure to note your comments for our menu review at the end of the year.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed in Scott's hotel for 3 nights over Easter & was very pleased with the hotel. It's location is right in the heart of Killarney town. It's only a couple of minutes from the train station by foot & the breakfast was lovely every morning with a good variety. We would not hesitate in staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Carey37,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments on trip advisor regarding your stay in Scott’s Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would stay with us again. We are located perfectly in the heart of Killarney close to all amenities which appeals to a lot of our clientele.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.