Scotts Hotel
McSweeney Arms Hotel(Killarney)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,096 results
All reviewsgreat locationfree underground parkingnice hotelcentral locationhen partycentre of townresidents bartrain stationdeluxe roomreception staffbar foodlast weekendenjoyed my stayhotel barboth morningsstayed here for two nightstop class
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Had a really hard time finding the hotel, drove around for an hour in Killarney. I don't blame that on the hotel, more on a bad GPS (which said that Scott St. didn't exist) and bad directions from a Garda when I stopped into a gas station to ask directions. Annette checked us in at the front desk and was very nice and helpful, and apologized for the hotel's lack of signage. Our room was modern and clean. The location of the hotel was convenient for walking around in the city, as was the free parking. We had a room facing a main road (I think East Ave), and got a lot of noise in the AM. Breakfast was included in our stay, but not great. The first morning they had run out of the vegetarian option which was a shame since I was happy to see something other than a traditional Irish breakfast on the menu. Unfortunately, the wait staff working during breakfast were pretty grumpy. I would stay here again, despite the few negatives.

Room Tip: Ask to not have a room facing East Ave.
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Arrived on Thurs 13/10/11 only to find out our booking for a treble room had been mistakingly made for 2012 by the sales manager who hid all weekend ! Two separate rooms were substituted for Thurs and Fri night and despite admitting it was their mistake we were repeatedly told how we would not have to pay a supplement for a single room (never was going to happen anyway). We were then informed no hotel room was available on the Sat night but that they would find us alternative accomodation . The following morning a treble room for sat mysteriously appeared due to some juggling. We wish it hadn t !! On entering the non smoking room it smelt like an ash tray!
The en suite had a small hand basin with the only place to put your toothbrush being the top of the toilet.
We had breakfast on the first two mornings but didnt bother with the third. While the buffet and service were good the cooked breakfast was average.
We paid our bill in full which in hindsight might have been worth an argument but was not in the mood , had had enough of excuses without even the offer of a drink in the bar. A small token that might have kept me quiet as to the truth of the experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Wasn't sure what to expect based on different reviews but the hotel was lovely.
My room had recently been renovated.
All the staff were really,really friendly , the food was lovely & the staff were more than helpful in any way they could be.
Party of 5 stayed here for 2 & 3 days, all had single rooms and everyone said they would have no problem going back or recommending it.
I was arned about the music on Saturday night but even this finished at 11.30, the only noise then was from people hanging around.

Room Tip: Difficult, maybe get room on higher floors
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
ScottsKillarney, General Manager at Scotts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Dear Kathy071

Many thanks for your kind words on tripadvisor; it gives me great pleasure and pride when I read such positive reviews like yours. I am delighted that you and your group enjoyed our service and hospitaility that we endeavour to provide all our guests. I do hope you return to Scotts in the near future and we look forward to serving you once more.
Kindest regards
Dan McCarthy
General Manager- Scotts Hotel Killarney

Reviewed October 17, 2011

stayed at scotts for three nights but never slept the beds are so hard i asked for a topper but never got one, not only that but we were in a room next to the lift so we were kept awake all night , wont be staying there again,

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank noreen k
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I have just returned from a fantastic weekend in killarney, spent at scotts, great location, free car park, friendly and helpful staff, espically Siobhan and Annette.
2 nights b&b +evening meal, food super, rooms excellent, upgrades also available.
I have stayed here on numerous occasions, needless to say I will be back again, thanks again all at Scotts

Room Tip: rooms with balcony on floor 3
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandjIreland

Dear SandjIreland

Many thanks for your recent review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay in Scotts Hotel Killarney. Siobhan & Annette are delighted, as is all our staff here in the hotel that you had a very enjoyable time. We love welcoming repeat guests back to Scotts as we appreciate your decision to return to us time and time again. The ethos of our town centre hotel is to make sure all our guests enjoy the service we provide, creating a home away from home.
I look forward to welcoming you to Scotts in the near future; please introduce yourself on your next visit.

Many thanks