“Awesome”

$62.22*
Private Tour: Ring of Kerry from Killarney
Ranked #2 of 111 things to do in Killarney
Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you are in the area, this is a must see. Simply stunning views all the way. It's no walk in the park if you intend to walk and if you are driving, be very careful. Best to avoid Saturday or Sunday. If you are short of time, forget the Ring of Kerry and Dingle peninsula, but just do this.

2  Thank lahamada

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Triona from Rossarney Town House recommended we visit here in the afternoon/evening when the crowds are gone. The views are spectacular. The walk tip the bridge is fantastic and if you are used to driving on the left and on narrow roads take the car up further. Very challenging drive but truly worth it

1  Thank Anne L
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Absolutely stunning views and would be acceptable to most people. Bring a detailed map and don't rely on signs - we got lost at one point and were turned around by two locals, extending our trip by an hour and leading us to miss the bus back. I would advise only to cycle if you are very experience in cycling, as we thought about it, and decided against it. We walked instead and it was quite clear we would've struggled cycling as it is up and down for most of the way. It is not to be missed - an absolutely stunning walk, with old abandoned houses and lots of sheep along the way!! :)

1  Thank Caitriona27
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I caught a sunny day on our Gap of Dunloe hike at the very beginning of April. There were barely any others around-- just a couple of walkers and a car every 20 minutes or so.

We parked at Kate Kearney's cottage and walked all the way to the peak in view of the Black Valley. There and back it only took about 4 hours, though I'm quite out of shape and my feet were already destroyed from my boots. It was relaxing and beautiful.

Pro-tip: If you "baaa" at the sheep, they'll talk back. :)

1  Thank Cayce A
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Having disembarked from our car along the winding and narrow mountainous road,we walked the Gap of Dunloe on a stretching Spring evening in April. There were sheep at every corner, some horses, the rain was soft. We didn't know where the Gap was exactly and tried to work the navigation on the phone which was difficult in the wilderness. Navigation didn't quite work but we did make a phone call. We were walking for quite a while and the hill was steep but the whole thing was surreally beautiful and Irish. I'm Irish. I live here. But there was something about this place that was so Irish, so green, so wild and I felt so privileged to be there. As you walk along the country road, ominous masses of brown rock rise up on either side. There are lovely lakes, and stone walls. The batteries died on the camera just as we arrived but I did manage to catch one snap of the lovely valley with the mist rising over the hills. A very special place and if you walk the Gap, you can retire for a pint to Kitty Kearney's cottage at the end of the road.

2  Thank TravelSavvyLady