“Peaceful Beauty”

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Peaceful Beauty”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I hiked the Gap of Dunloe with some friends. Despite being a rainy day in the middle of winter it was nonetheless a wonderful experience. If you want a relatively easy hike with breathtaking views, this is a great way to spend your day.

3 Thank Armesto

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A drive along the Gap”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Very narrow, winding roads. Best done in good weather and off peak times. I wouldn't drive it in the middle of summer as it's far too busy with jaunting cars.

3 Thank Loulaob
Oakland Park, Florida
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Unique Experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were the last jaunting ride to go to the gap the day we went. All day it looked like rain, but we took a chance and it was fantastic. John and his horse Barbie took good care of us! The trip back in time took about 1 1/2 hours, and worth every minute!! There were only a few visitors because we went later in the afternoon so it was nice we missed the crowd.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank dragonhmc
Newry, United Kingdom
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Fantastic drive”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This drive is like going back in time. It is handy enough to drive. It does take a bit of time to do. The scenery is amazing. On me you go through the pass it takes you back onto the ring of Kerry.

3 Thank Centre p
Rochester, Kent
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Beautiful but avoid the pony and trap rides”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The lakes and the Gap of Dunloe is a beautiful spot but the poor state of the ponies we saw and the shocking treatment and disregard for the pony's welfare by the owner of the trap we hired completely spoiled our experience. I made my feelings clear to the trap driver and my husband and myself spent a large part of the trip walking in order to relieve the poor tired pony who was being whipped ( this was stopped when I challenged the trap driver) . I would visit this area again but would ensure I made my own arrangements for travelling across the gap.

Visited August 2013