“Breathtaking”

$62.30*
Private Tour: Ring of Kerry from Killarney
Ranked #2 of 111 things to do in Killarney
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The views are spectacular and a hiker's and cyclist's dream. But I would reccommend paying the 30 euro or so and take a jaunting cab (horse and buggy), especially if you do not have a lot of time but still want the experience. But regardless of how much time you have, it's worth every second of it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,907)

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Amazing experience through the Gap with Queenie who was our chosen horse the driver was knowledgeable about the area and we had a great time the horse wasn't phased at the 4 of us at all. People complain and call it a scam but everyone has to earn a living don't they.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a must see in Killarney! Try to go on a day with no rain because it is quite a ways to walk if you do not get a jaunting car. We walked from Kate Kearney's to the first lake and it was absolutely stunning!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Although the Gap has a bit of touristy hype, it is a stop that deserves it. I'm not quite sure why it is touted as a "scenic drive" because goodness knows I would never attempt to maneuver a car though there. I rented a bike in Killarney and went to and through the Gap,around the lake and back. It was on of the best things on my trip! It was spring, so all the sheep had lambs, and there were few other tourists. I'll admit as a young women with a moderately low activity level I was walking my cycle up most of the hills, but still very worth it. Everywhere is Kerry is beautiful, but here was especially nice. (Also possible to reach without a car, a huge plus for me!) I would recommend it highly.

Sum-up:
*Beautiful
*No car required
*I suggest cycling (or walking)
*I would not suggest driving
*If you don't want to complete the loop there is a boat that takes you back into Killarney

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was my second time driving this Gap. A guy tried to stop me from doing so and indicated that I should turn around- not the first time such an incident happened near Killarney and to say that I did not like it , is to put it mildly! Not an easy relaxing drive but well worth it however. I stopped at the Black Valley Church but the building was locked. Really, a driving job for Winter time when usage is low.Of course, take special of those sheep as the ones I encountered today thought i was bringing them some extra feed- it made me feel guilty.