“Beautiful!”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We cycled to Kate Kearneys cottage and through the gap. We wouldnt be very fit but managed ok. The scenery is amazing! The best bit was reaching the top and flying all the way down to Lord Brandons cottage.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Geneva
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 159 helpful votes
“Oh, for a bit of sunshine!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We drove the gap last June and it was an experience. The road gets very narrow, and we had to back up on several occasions to allow oncoming vehicles to get by. Sheep everywhere. it really was pretty, though, and I wish that it was a lovelier day than it was. Also, I am sure the time of day makes a difference. If you get a sunny day, do the gap in the early morning or late afternoon. You will be rewarded!

Visited June 2012
UK
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Stunning and incredible”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

One of my favourite places in the world let alone Ireland. I've walked it, done the pony and trap and for the first time today my wife drove it. If you only have time for one place in Kerry, make it here

Connemara, Ireland
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

As I live locally I usually drive the tourist places in winter when the roads are empty. Yesterday I came back from Killarney to Kenmare via the Gap.. and will never do so again in season! So many walkers and stuck behind three jaunting cars the entire way. Although there are plenty of passing places, they never pull over, Between that and passing cars coming the other way I saw little of the glorious scenety. The walkers had a perfect day by the way but some of us are old and not able! The road surface is in a terrible condition and there are no plans to fix it this year
NB anyone can use the road so please ignore the jarveys who attempt to say else.This is a public road and as someone has said, if you do it from the Black Valley end, ie the turn off on the Sneem to Moll's Gap road, there is no problem. I assume they will also have to let you pass! The drive seems easier that way actually...

1 Thank RoseMarigold77
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Absolutely beautiful.”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Take a Jaunting Car, it's a blast on a nice day to hear the stories. We had a beautiful clear day trotting up the Gap and was truly amazed by the beauty.