“Stunning” 5 of 5 bubbles

Worthing, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stunning scenary - every corner you turned there was an amazing view - really worth the drive if you like mountains, lakes and great views.

Visited March 2013

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Drive yourself”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I wanted to go see the Gap. We read the other reviews of people driving through on their own and decided to try. Since we were pressed for time hiking the trail was out of the question, and paying for the horse and trap rental seemed like a waste of money. The other reviewers are right. The horse rental guys walked right in front of my car and told me that the road wasn't for cars. After he walked away, I drove through anyways. It was worth it...the sights are amazing and the drive is fun. We drove all the way to the houses on the other end of the gap. On the way back we noticed a waterfall off the road and I hiked out to it and I was blown away with it when I got closer. I'm assuming since it was February we didn't encounter too many people on the roads, and I can see how driving might be out of the question in the warmer months. This is a must see stop. I recommend starting at the gap, turn left out of it on the way back and do the Ring of Kerry and finish with a drive through the National Park. All 3 are amazing and the drive is amazing.

2 Thank Matt W
Cork
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Only slightly spoiled”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

The area around Kate Kearney's cottage, at the entrance to the Gap, has been robbed of it's idyllic charm by large unsightly new builds, but when one gets into the Gap proper, the scenery is a tonic. Don't mind the Jarveys, they think they own the place!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Mroshea
kerry
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“amazing scenery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Words can't describe how fabulous this place is. It is so beautiful up there. It really is a paradise for everyone young and old and is great for all kinds of adrenaline junkies.

Westmeath, Ireland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Gorgeous place, a must see in Killarney”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place is just nature at its best, it really is beautiful. We drove it but you could hike or cycle. Road is a little scary in places, especially when you're meeting oncoming cars and are trying to figure out how you will both squeeze passed but definately worth seeing.

1 Thank MichelleD77