“One of the best!”
Review of Falshea House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Falshea House B&B
Ranked #51 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We spent two weeks traveling in Ireland and stayed at the Falshea House for three nights--Oct. 7, 8 and 9. It was a perfect stay with lovely owners--definitely a 4 star B & B in our opinion. We added an extra star because of the delicious breakfast, the nice clean room with a good view and the warmth of Shelia and Pat. We were treated as special guests. Our stay here was our base for exploring both the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle Peninsula. The traveling advice, the suggestions for restaurants and the help we received when we needed to have some brake repair made this B & B one of the best. We arrived as strangers and left as friends.
Jane and Bob Alter

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane A

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed the night of 24 August 2013 at Falshea House B & B. Everything was done very well. The modern facilities are clean as a whistle, spacious, and pleasantly appointed. There was plenty of hot water when it came time for a morning shower. The breakfast was about as perfect as you'll find in an Irish B & B. It is very conveniently located to Killarney off the N22 national road without being in the hubbub of the town itself.

The proprietor was genuinely friendly and helpful...and without a hint of being overly solicitous in a "tourism office trained up sort of way." My friends stayed at another location just down the road and the proprietor there was almost a caricature of a caricature...but that's their review to write and not mine.

Falshea House B&B is very good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great and cosy B&B; clean, bright, and perfectly equipped room with friendly interior design. Fantastic breakfast with lots of options. Last but not least very friendly and helpful hosts. A wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We came by chance to this lovely B&B. Sheila was immediately welcoming and at ease. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. We had a lovely view to the mtns at the back. Brekkie was one of the best..Sheila goes to much trouble to provide fresh delicious food.
The only request we would have is similar to other Irish places..no one bothers to call you by name which we find rather impersonable...it's not hard to look up a guest's name to call them by name at brekky..a suggestion to improve interactions for all B&B's.
A really great place to stay, great location for travelling the peninsula's.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RodbarryHealesville
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have to say my stay at Falshea House was FANTASTIC! My friend and I went to Ireland and mostly stayed in Dublin but we drove out for 4 days around Ireland and stayed at a few B&B's. Although they were all very pleasant and wonderful, Miss Sheila's B&B was one of the top B&B's where we stayed. She was a very pleasant and lovely lady! When we got to the B&B late she showed us to our room. We stayed in March 2013 and it was super cold outside during that time. When we made it to the room, there were heated blankets on the beds and after a very cold day...this was something that was very much appreciated! Around that time, I was starting to come down with a sore throat/partial cold. I asked if she had some salt water so that I could gargle and she happily obliged. She even offered to give me a pack of lozenges which I appreciatively took. Basically, I am just showing you that she cared enough to go out of her way to make us happy and comfortable. The next morning, we ate her amazing breakfast. We got to talk to her some about her family (I'm a really talkative person who loves to make conversation) and mine. Since we only stayed one night, we soon had to say goodbye to her. On our way out, she gave us tips about the area and suggestions about some sight seeing that we wanted to do. She was absolutely fantastic and my friend and I couldn't have picked a more fantastic, clean, and inviting place to stay! When we go to Ireland again one day, my friend and I discussed, that is where we definitely want to stay again! :D

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms on the top floor - back room on the left - you will wake up to beauty!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank t6j2c0
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We chose Falshea B & B by coincidence, but it turned out to be a great choice. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Unlike most B & B we stayed at, Sheila offered a big variety when it came to breakfast, including freshly made fruit salad and home made bread. A special treat for all football fans: The community room had Sky television so that we did not miss a single Champions League game during our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Prinzessin23
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We loved our visit to Killarney. We stayed for 2 nights at the end of March 2013. Sheila was so friendly and helpful. She gave us recommendations of things to do in the area. She knew just what we wanted from our vacation and helped us find it. The house was comfortable and clean. The pancakes were SO yummy!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple