This was the fourth B & B that we stayed in during our trip around Ireland. We were traveling with a family group and had been unable to get reservations where the rest of the family were staying in Killarney. When we arrived at the B & B, we breathed a sigh of relief at the pastoral setting. The room was small and well used but clean and adequate. The power shower was fine. The breakfast was just like the ones we had had at other B & B's. Having grown up on a farm and now living in our own country home with horses, this environment was very familiar and comfortable to me. Our family that stayed in Killarney, though they had more plush rooms, complained of all the traffic noise. We also were closer to the Park and other recreational sites. The rest of our family came out, with two children (ages 10 and 12) and enjoyed the playground, with no extra charge. Maureen was very pleasant and helpful in recommendations as was her daughter and husband for locations for eating. I was amazed to read the negative reviews here as ours was not at all that way. We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Farmhouse set in a peaceful valley. Large warm comfortable rooms with panoramic views of the mountains, oak forest with red deer. Our area is considered a walkers paradise and of course perfect for riding. Short stroll to Muckross House and the Killarney Lakes.Pet farm avaible to gusts staying and pony rides avaible for small children ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Muckross Riding Stables B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muckross Riding Stables Bed And Breakfast
- Muckross Riding Stables Hotel Killarney