“Our favorite B&B during our stay in Ireland”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Sunnybank Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #45 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My dad and I traveled around Ireland for 2 weeks and this was the best B&B of our trip. Brendan gave us a warm welcome and made us feel right at home. He gave us excellent recommendations for restaurants and pubs in Killarney, day trips from Killarney including a hike through the Gap of Dunloe, which remains our favorite memory from our trip, and even gave us a great restaurant suggestion for Cork, because he knew we were traveling there next. The B&B itself is conveniently located across from the bus station and just a short walk into town. Breakfast is delicious and the lounge offers tea, coffee and cookies (and books and magazines to read) at all times. When we return to Killary, we will plan to stay here again. Thanks to Brendan for such a memorable experience!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This B&B was perfect. We needed a place to stay during the road race weekend and were lucky to stumble onto this gem. The couple who run it gave us a very nice price even though it was last minute and the room had everything we needed and was clean and new. Breakfast was ready for us even though we showed up too early due to our train schedule. I normally don't write reviews as places don't make an impression on me and my family runs B&B so I am critical of wherever I stay. But I liked the couple who ran this place and I liked the place. ~Michael "Paddy" Finnie (American)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My sister and I spent 2 nights last week at Sunnybank and we just felt so relaxed and at home there. Our room had a full and a twin bed as well as huge bright windows. The bathroom was very clean and we had a tv, which was handy for checking the weather. The full Irish breakfast was more than enough food for us -- simple and tasty and served in a sun room that overlooked a cute garden outside. The Sunnybank is across the street from the bus station and steps from the train station, too. It was a 10 minute walk to the gorgeous national park and even less to get to all the restaurants, shops, and pubs in town. But the best part was the very friendly and helpful family that owned the place. We couldn't be more appreciative of how they made us feel welcome in their home. We would recommend this place to anyone, regardless of your budget!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I chanced upon Sunnybank in Killarney on my Irish travels. I walked in the door, was greeted by Brendan - one of the owners - and was promptly shown a room and given advice about Killarney National Park (about 5km away). I've been aiming for low budget accommodations of under 30€, to offset the expensive car rental, and Sunnybank was extremely cost effective while being the best stay in my travels. The room is clean, spacious enough, decorated in warm colors, and has a homey feel that is great to come home to after a day of trekking.

I didn't partake in the breakfast, but I saw the dining area and it looked lovely, with its many windows and warm decor.

Brendan was extremely personable, seemed genuinely interested in what I was doing, and thus had great advice about where to go. I highly recommend this place, even without having stayed in the countless hotels in the area. What more can you ask for other than a nice, clean room and a friendly smile?

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Brendan makes you feel right at home.
Rooms are pretty basic, but spotless. Good breakfast.
My 2nd time here and not dissappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2011

A group of us stayed here a few weeks ago. The whole experience from start to finish reminded me of B & B's in Ireland 30 years ago before Irish people really started travelling extensively and having something to compare the irish B&B experience with. Now I think the average travel expects cleanliness, a comfortable bed and a tasty breakfast at a resaonable price. This is not really what Sunnybank offers. The place overall could do with a good scrub and the bed was very uncomfortable. The breakfast was a major disappointment. All the food just tasted cheap and cardboardy! The eggs and bread tasted of nothing and the orange juice was that Squeeze stuff I think there are much better B&B's out there, offering a better service at the same price.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Very clean and modern. Brendan and his wife were very helpful and courteous. Great Irish breakfast. Absolutely right across the street from the bus station - best location ever!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family