All reviews ross castle ring of kerry friendly labrador met mary killarney national park quiet road b and b breakfast was delicious town centre ample parking bed and breakfast the perfect place to stay local attractions her husband within walking distance each morning visiting killarney
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My wife, 9 month old son, extended family and I stayed here for 3 nights on a recent tour about Ireland. The Doyle's were very welcoming and incredibly helpful and understanding of traveling with 2 children under the age of 2. Though the accommodations were not fancy they were comfortable, breakfast was excellent and we felt like we were home. The location within easy walking distance of Kilarney center was great. I would highly recommend the Elyod House to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
ross45, Owner at Elyod House, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Hello, Thank you so much for your review on trip advisor, we appreciate your kind words and for taking the time to write the review for ELYOD HOUSE. We enjoyed having you and your family stay with us. Regards to your extended family especially the boys, Best wishes The Doyle Family

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed at Elyod House for 3-nights the first-week in June--there are so many choices for this busy, touristy area, and I am thankful we stayed with Mary and Derry. We were so appreciative of all the suggestions, especially for driving the Ring of Kerry. The location was perfect, we were able to walk to town. Our room was comfy with plenty of room for our luggage, bathroom was clean and the size adequate, breakfasts were cooked to order and we had plenty of good conversation with other guests--if only the rain would have abated!!--but it is Ireland!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Thank you for your review on trip advisor i love your heading " A great choice in Killarney"
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us in ELYOD HOUSE, we enjoyed having you stay with us, we hope that you will get the opportunity to return again some day, thank you.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

A family B&B is a wonderful way of getting to know a country & its people & there can be no better example of this than Elyod House.Mary & Denny & their children made us feel part of their family whilst spoiling us totally with delicious breakfasts, a lovely large bedroom & immaculate bathroom with copious amounts of hot, hot water (always appreciated after a long day being a tourist!) Their beautiful property is a 10 minute walk from the town centre so the car can be left as we enjoy the walk to one of several restaurants recommended by the vivacious Mary. No driving so tasting the local wines was a definite must! Elyod House was our base while we were discovering this corner of Ireland. After a long day's driving we looked forward to coming 'home' each evening. It ticked every box for me.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Thank you for your review of ELYOD HOUSE on trip advisor, we appreciate your time and great description of ELYOD HOUSE, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed killarney and its surroundings, we hope that you may return again some day!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We recently stayed in Elyod House for 2 nights on our trip to Killarney. It is modern clean and Mary is a great host. The breakfast was great too. Good location, walking distance to town and Ross Castle. We would recommend this B+B!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank desertshaun
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review ELYOD HOUSE on trip advisor, we appreciate your kind words and your time, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us in ELYOD HOUSE and we hope that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I should start this review by saying I am a well traveled individual. I've stayed in the lap of luxury and in a roach infested hostel. I find it is the proprietors who often make the difference. In the case of the Elyod House, this is absolutely true. To start, though, I will tell you that the Elyod house is a neat, clean, well appointed B&B. It is perfectly located for walking into Killarney, but just enough outside of down town (not quite 1 KM) to let you get a good night's rest. If you are living it up at the pubs in town, you can easily walk home :). There is a lovely family room where tea, coffee, and biscuits are always available, and this is a nice place to take a load off when you need a break from it all. The dining room is bright and airy, and the breakfasts are absolutely terrific. Mary Doyle makes the best brown bread in Ireland, which is saying alot! The grounds are well kept and overlook Kilarney National Park. More than this, though, the Doyle family made us feel like we were family. We were travelling to celebrate my father's 60th birthday. myself and my 2 siblings, as well as spouses and 2 little boys (20 months and 9 months) were traveling with us. This was my first experience traveling internationally with my 9 month old. Both of the boys, my son and nephew are outgoing and boisterous, but fun loving. The Doyle's, instead of being put out by this, embraced these guys as if they were their own. The Doyle's daughters help out at the house, and they kept our boys entertained for hours, which was such a blessing. Mary, the proprietor, is just one of the nicest, friendliest, and warm hearted people I have ever met and I feel like my life was made better for having met her. I can't say enough about this place. Stay here. It is incredibly reasonably priced, and you will leave feeling richer.

Room Tip: They are all good--and they have cribs for babies.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ladyjules79
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Thank you for your very generous and kind review on trip advisor, it was our pleasure having you stay here in ELYOD HOUSE with us, we loved meeting you and your family and we thoroughly enjoyed the boys. Hope to see you again some day!