“Ridiculous check-in procedure, rude and obnoxious staff”
Review of Rosslands

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Rosslands
Ranked #103 of 140 Killarney B&B and Inns
Canberra, Australia
“Ridiculous check-in procedure, rude and obnoxious staff”
Reviewed April 9, 2009

I was booked into Rosslands with my husband and 1.5 year old son. The day that we were to check in, my son was sick - he was quite distressed and I wanted nothing more than to check in so he could rest. When we made the booking, we were told that we would need to check in to its sister property in the middle of town, the Fairview. I arrived at the Fairview after 2pm but was told that I could not check in until 3:30pm. I explained that my son was sick and could they please make an exception. The staff member refused and became quite rude and obnoxious. I asked if I could possibly get the key now so I wouldn't have to drive back in to town to collect it. I assured them that I would not check in until 3:30pm - I just wanted the key so I didn't have to drag my son around. Again they refused and were extremely rude. After that I drove out to road where Rosslands was located, and despite driving slowly up and down the road three times with both my husband and I looking, we could not locate it. At 3:30pm I drove back into town to get my key. By that time my son was very upset, and the owners offered for us to stay in another of their properties that was closer to the Fairview, the Copper Kettle. Whilst I appreciated the gesture, the staff were incredibly pretentious and rude and the way the 3 sister properties are managed is ridiculous. At the Copper Kettle, if you need some kind of assistance, you press the bell or ring and someone from the Fairview will run down the road to assist you. What a ridiculous set-up. I waited around for quite a while waiting for someone to show up so I could simply check out the next morning. Whilst I did not end up staying at Rosslands and cannot comment on the rooms, the way the 3 properties operate is a joke, and the staff are awful. Don't put yourself to the trouble of staying at Rosslands.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank tambe

Couples
Business
Hertfordshire,UK
Reviewed September 16, 2005

Well what can I say, the place looked great when we arrived and the website makes it look quite nice. However, our experience (very short) left us lost for words and the customer service we received was outrageous. We knocked on the door and asked if there was availability for 1 single and 1 double room and after some confusion and a phone call, whilst we stood on the doorstep, we were told that yes 2 rooms were available, we went back to the car to come on to the drive and as we did so another group of people turned up, we went back to the house to take our belongings in and was told sorry the rooms were no longer available! It would seem that more money had arrived there were now 4 people presumably looking for 2 rooms rather than just the 3 of us - imagine our surprise, we were completely shocked at the way we had just been treated, the lady then had the cheek to say she would ring her brother and see if he had availability at his place - I mean as if we would go there after the way we had just been shoved out on to the pavement!

3 Thank DMSNAR

Travelers are raving about these Killarney hotels