“Excellent place to stay”
Review of Robeen House

Robeen House
Ranked #13 of 140 Killarney B&B and Inns
Australia
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We stayed at Robeen House for two nights as part of a cycling tour of Cork and Killarney. Our room was large, quiet, with an extremely comfortable a king size bed and reasonably sized bathroom. Bernice, our host, was very helpful and friendly, and the breakfasts were some of the best we had in Ireland. Killarney Town is a pleasant 0 minute walk from the guesthouse. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ballinrobe, Ireland
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Our decision to stay in Robeen House made our trip to Killarney all the more enjoyable. Bernice went out of her way to make us feel welcome. The hospitality was second to none. The rooms are clean as a tack, and the breakfast - well, suffice it to say, we lacked for nothing! Will definitely stay here when next in Killarney region.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Waterford
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at Robeen! We were looked after from the first second we arrived until we left. We were treated more like friends than guests and we were made feel like we were at home. The rooms are fab, everything was spotless and clean. The location of the guest house is great, within 5 minutes of town and 10 minutes of Torc waterfall and beautiful scenery, to mention a few. No need to look for another guest house the next time we return to Killarney, it will definately be here!! Great place, thanks Bernice!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Cork
Reviewed December 16, 2009

A Group of us stayed at Robeen House on Saturday Dec 12th, Bernice greeted us with a warm welcome and a cheery smile, and found her to be most helpful to us.

Robeen House is the most beautiful B & B, situated just on edge of the town, which is an ideal location as you are within walking distance to shops etc, We stayed in Robeen House as we had a Christmas Night out near it , we found the rooms very clean, warm and spacious. Breakfast was absolutely gorgeous, hot & tasty, just what we all needed!.

We really enjoyed our stay there and will definately stay again
Couldn't recommend it highly enough

• Liked — the friendly atmosphere & food was fab
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed December 2009
    • Check in / front desk
Dallas TX
Reviewed October 24, 2009

My cousin and I spent three weeks in August in Ireland and stayed exclusively in B&B's all across Ireland. We spent 4 nights with Bernice and her family and both of us agreed while we loved every one of our hostess's Bernice was our favorite. Great room and clean bathrooms. Close to town. Great breakfast. Bernice was helpful in booking our bus tours for us. I hurt my foot while there and she got down on her hands and knees to check my foot and see if there was anything she could do. Loved it and felt just like home. My cousin cried when we left.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2009

I always stay with Bernice when I am in Killarney. The rooms are very roomy and absolutely lovely. squeeky clean. Bernice even irons all of her bed linens. The bathrooms are very nice, with power showers. She is the best hostess around. She called and made my reservations for the tour of The Ring of Kerry and for Dingle and arranged for the bus to pick me up in front of Robeen House. She bent over backwards to be very obliging to me. She would always ask me what I had planned for the day, and would tell me things I should see and do.
She has rooms down stairs for people who might be problems walking, negotiating stairs or disabilities of some kind. Few B&B's can say that.
Breakfast is wonderful. There is fresh fruit, cold cereal, yogurt, or full irish breakfast or any parts of it you like, done to your liking.
It is an easy walk to town less than 10 minutes. Ample enclosed parking. Once I am there, I don't have to bother with driving until I am leaving Killarney.
I you have a bad experience at Robeen House, then look to yourself. You had to be a BAD QUEST. Bernice is the kindest, sweetest, warmest hostess you could ever ask for.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2009

The location of Robeen is very good. It's just a little on the outside of town so it's not noisy but it's close enough for a ten minute walk. There are sidewalks into town. There is good parking at the guest house.

The room was fairly large and clean but reminded me of an impersonal hotel room instead of a guest house or B & B. It was rather lacking in the small personal touches expected in guest houses and B & Bs. The parlor/sitting area was also lacking in good reading material about the area and the lighting was poor to read by. There was basically no literature about the surrounding area and none forthcoming from the guest house owner.

Bernice had asked in our last email just a few days before arriving when she could expect us and I had advised her around 3:00 pm. We arrived at 3:20 pm and she was not there but had a cousin greet us and more or less quickly give us our keys and then disappeared. We had no idea where Bernice was or when she would return. This was especially disappointing since we had told her at her request when we would arrive and had expected some advice about the area restaurants/sights etc as other B & B owners had provided.

When we returned at 6:00 Bernice was speaking in a hurried tone to another guest who seemed perplexed when Bernice couldn't suggest a restaurant for her. When she then greeted us she said she had been in the park that day with her son and that's why she hadn't been there to meet us upon our arrival. This seems unacceptable to me when she was advised when we would be there and also considering that she is running a business. When our daughter asked if she had some kind of map of the town, she grabbed one from a rack on the wall and basically shoved it at her and then retreated into her private quaters.

The breakfast was good but the jams and yogurts were pre packaged unlike the other three B & B's we stayed at. She did not advise us about the breakfast hours so I called when we returned from town the night before at 9:00 pm. to let her know when we would be down for breakfast. She said it was from 8:00 to 9:30 am but she was taking her son to school at 8:45 am.

So, all in all the service seemed below average but the place was clean, close to town, good parking, convenient to Ring of Kerry and the breakfast average to good. I guess I would say it was not your quintessential B & B experience.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family