“'Was not happy with my stay here at all"”
Review of Oaklawn House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Oaklawn House
Ranked #71 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had read reviews about Oaklawn house so was reassured that it was a nice place. However, i was thoroughly dissappointed with the service in particular. Oaklawn itself is clean and within close proxomity to kilarney. However, i found the manner of the lady there very rude. Maybe we just caught her on a bad day but i assumed with all the other competition out there in Kilarney, that service and hospitality would come top of the list. She kept ringing us to see when we would arrive and were we sure we would be taking the room, how more sure could we have been. The next morning, we got a loud knock around 10.00am on the door telling us to get up that she needed the room. She had not mentioned this when we were checking in. My sister and I hurried to have showers etc. During the course of this, she knocked our room door a further 4 times. All we wanted to do was get out of there. I then opened the room door and she was standing in the hall waiting for us, we had about four bags and my sister had to collect her car down the town. As i was on crutches, i really struggled with my bags and felt it so rude that we were not offered any help when bringing our bags out. I had to stand in the porche area while my sister got her car. The lady did offer me a chair after about 5 minutes but i felt she was so disrespectful and rude towards my needs. These are the main points but i am so annoyed to even right more. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank EmmaKenneally

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just around the corner from the busy center of Killarney, Oak Lawn is an island of tranquil charm and warm welcome. Clean and modern, it's filled with beautiful antiques and comfortable furnishings, all sparkling clean. This is an excellent location for day trips to the Ring and (even better) to Dingle. Rosemary will have you feeling like family as soon as you arrive. A high spot of a wonderful visit to Ireland!

1  Thank bandg_12
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We spent two nights at Oaklawn and couldn't have been more pleased. Rosemary is a wonderful host and gave us suggestions for restaurants and pubs. Our room was very comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent. The location was perfect. We were able to walk into town easily for dinner and evening activities, but the location just off the main drag made it quiet and relatively secluded. This really is the perfect spot in Killarney.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Rooms barely large enough to set luggage down and move about . Bathrooms extremely small.
Hauling luggage up flights of stairs is a big deal breaker.

Rosemary was welcoming and friendly:-) Delicious Irish breakfast. Close and convenient walking distance to town center.

Room Tip: Irish B&Bs are small.
1  Thank Judy M
Reviewed May 13, 2012

A place I'd be happy to return to. Our host was most helpful and very friendly, as they all seem to be in Ireland. I think as long as you stick w/ a B&B Ireland establishment, you'll be fine. Breakfast was good and the room was clean and warm.

1  Thank dls304
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Had a wonderful experience in Killarney at this B&B. Rosemary was great and breakfast was good. Our room was spacious and the house was decorated beautifully. Being on a cul de sack made it very private and quiet. Would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We stayed one night with Rosemay O'Connell at Oaklawn. Very clean and comfortable, nice breakfast in the AM. Quiet location and short walk into town. Rosemary arranged for the Ring of Kerry tour bus to pick us up and drop us off at her door. We left our car with her which was a tremendous convenience all around.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple