“I can't say enough - fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fairview

The Fairview
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Invercargill, New Zealand
“I can't say enough - fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

We called in on a very wet and cold night, our host was so lovely and we got a great price for the room with a spa bath and fantastic bed, it was so central and we found a great restaurant round the corner. We were only going to stay for one night but after our sleep and then breakfast we decided to extend our stay, the staff are absolutely great, our waiter at breakfast was super and the breakfast was to die for. I can't recommend this place enough 10 out of 10 for us.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
GREECE&CYPRUS
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,860 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

We spent 6 nights at this beautiful guest house that looks like a gem in the city of Kerry. Upon arriving we were asked if we wish to upgrade our room, so we were given some keys and saw a couple of other rooms where we noticed the difference. We agreed and upgraded our room which was overlooking the square. The bathroom was huge with both a Jacuzzi and a separate shower. The bed and quilt with the cushions were unexpectedly beautiful, but unfortunately one of the sides of the bed where my husband was lying was very uncomfortable and if I knew it I would have asked to be given another room. I only noticed it the very last day we were leaving. This taught me a lesson though, and from then on if I come up with similar problems I complain immediately. The room was cosy, clean and comfortable, and the service excellent. Before upgrading the room I asked to have free internet access so I had this privilege, and could carry the hotel’s laptop up in our room
The hotel looks like a gem in the city of Kerry. Breakfast was ok. We expected something better though, but it was not bad. We never had dinner at the hotel because we found it to be a bit expensive.
In all, I would certainly return and book here if I ever visit Kerry again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank greekcypriot2009
galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

we stayed here on 17th feb 2011 for 1 night with my husband and as soon as we arrived, we were greeted by Anne who was exceptionally helpful. Our room was top class and had a very big bathroom with jacuzzi......the nightly rate was very reasonably too at €104 per night with breakfast and it was right in centre of town. I had the unfortunate mishap of leaving a necklace behind me when we departed and i rang the hotel back, they could not find it in the bedroom we had vacated so the next morning, they emptied their hoover and there was my necklace..........this was exceptional hospitality and i hope that this hotel is fully booked out for the the season as we highly recommend it and will go back there again when in Killarney....... Anne & larry

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

Hi, I have just spend a weekend in Killarney Co.Kerry. My friends and I travelled from Galway. I cannot speak highly enough about this Guesthouse. It is without a doubt the best accomodation I have ever stayed in. It is immaculate. The breakfast is lovely and the staff are so friendly.The rooms are fabulous and the beds are so comfortable.
It definetly lives up to its 5 star award. It is fantastic value and if you are going to killarney you couldn't find a better place to stay!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

We've been in Fairview for 2 nights, and found the staff incredibly helpfull, and the location of the hotel excellent. We enjoyed a very good breakfast, and found the schedule very flexible given we were on vacation (breakfast is from 8am to 10am, but if you arrive at 10am you are still served without any problems).
The bathroom has a jacuzzi very enjoyable.

Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

My wife and I stayed in 5 different top hotels during our stay in Ireland. The fairview was not only the best hotel in which we stayed but also the least expensive. We received the absolute best service, slept on the best quality most comfortable bed, had the best shower pressure, everything worked properly and our room was beautiful with a quaint view of Killarney from our private balcony. Not only would I recommend this hotel, I would insist upon it to any that I know traveling to Killarney!

Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

The Fairview is a very lovely and charming place to stay smack in the middle of Killarney. Finding the hotel can be a little challenging but it is in a great location to walk most of Killarney. The staff were helpful but could have assisted a bit more with the bags. Breakfast was good. Rooms were great and the bathroom with the spa tub were awesome! Loved the charm, feel and spirit of this place!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple