“We lived like kings!”
Review of The Fairview

The Fairview
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel was so warm, comfortable and luxurious. We opted to upgrade our room to a suite and we were delighted with our stay. The ice machine on the floor was a lovely addition. The central location of the hotel was second to none and the staff were more than helpful in terms of help with restaurant recommendations and touristing around the countryside.
I cannot speak highly enough of this accommodation. Will definitely be returning soon!
Lovely breakfast and homely feel to the place . We didn't want to leave! :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Fairview

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My children and I recently stayed at the Fairview for three nights and had such a lovely time. The staff were so friendly, welcoming, and accommodating and we will hopefully be back again soon. Thanks for a great vacation!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Enjoyed our stay, sampled a few in Killarney over the years, all been good but this one was extra special even though no parking facilities on site. Good breakfast and room was 5 star!! We will be back that's for sure. Diols hymn fair I chi.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Planned on staying four nights as I was in the area for a running competition and it's much easier to stay in one place than move from hotel to hotel. The evening I arrived the wireless internet would not work in my room and had to sit in the lobby area while trying to communicate with those back home via video chat, not very private to say the least. Room was not swept as previous guests receipts and wrappers were laying on floor near bed. Bathroom counters were not wiped down and very dusty on shelf behind toilet, spots of mildew in tub along with other guests hair that I wiped away before using. Bed not so comfortable. Room was a bit stuffy so left a window open overnight (as happens very often in Ireland) only to be awoke at 5 a.m. by the staff preparing breakfast in the kitchen below me. They too must have had their window open ...loud voices and presumably every pot and pan in the kitchen was clanked. Could hear even with it closed. As I mentioned, was in the area for a race and this was unacceptable as that and my jet lag required good sleep. When I attempted to check out I was advised that the cancellation policy was one of 72 hours and I would be responsible for the rest of the charges of my reservation. While I was retrieving my bags to leave I attempted to make a few phones calls only to find that there was no service in my room. As I officially checked out, bags packed and by my side, only then was I offered a different room. Rather last minute but I guess I should lower my expectation to at least they tried. I was refunded two of my nights charges but not the third which I still do not agree with and have had to pursue through my credit card company. As I mentioned in the title, disappointed to say the least as I have had many other lovely stays in Ireland and intend to have many more, just not here.

Room Tip: Ask and avoid the rooms above the kitchen/dining area...bring a dust cloth and a sponge
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank e_gal9
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My family and I have just returned from a truly wonderful stay at this hotel, so centrally located, extremely comfortable and wonderful staff to take care of your every need,

We brought our dog along with us and it was so nice to have him stay with us at the hotel,

I highly recommend the Fairview for a family break in Killarney,
Susan and Paul and Family.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Just back from an eight night stay at the FAIRVIEW, KILLARNEY. What a superb boutique bed and breakfast, its more like a five star Hotel. James, Shelley and their wonderful staff cant do enough for you. Rooms are superb and breakfast to die for. The Fairview is close to all amenities. I cannot wait to return next year.

Room Tip: Choose corner room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Location was great, room was comfortable and clean. The wifi was weak in the rooms; had to go to common area to ichat. The parking is offsite just up the street at a public parking area. The people checking us in were very nice. All and all, this is a good place to stay. Again, we chose not to purchase their breakfast and instead walked to a place near to eat for less than what was offered there.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends