“not sure about an Irish welcome for the Irish market”
Review of The Fairview

The Fairview
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed in the penthouse of this Guest house during September.To call it a Pent house is a stretch of the Imagination. Its a little more than the size of a family room with a tine lounge area fitted it.As it was a very special treat a bottle of champagne was ordered for the room as a special greeting gift. The charge was e50 for what turned out to be sparkling wine.Staff were not as friendly as one would expect and Im uncertain if it was due to the language barrier.Breakfast room very small and service rushed.Breakfast to me was disappointing due to the service of member of staff,We checked out and the following weekend we stayed somewhere else in Killarney and it was a much nicer experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank irishkittenIreland
Write a ReviewReviews (1,519)

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Booked this hotel for a mid-week stay on business. Overall found the hotel to be a decent enough place to stay and the location in the centre of Killarney was fantastic. The welcome from the staff was a little under par from what I would have expected. The room itself was a decent size and was reasonably clean but some more attention wouldnt go amiss. Breakfast was also very good and considering it was included in the price they had a great selection. Overall a good stay and great value for money and will be on the list next time I head to Killarney.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mr_TravelChap
JimONeill, Manager at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Hi Mr-SM-UK-1

We are delighted that you will put our property on your list for your next visit to Killarney. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and your praise for our breakfast menu is very gratifying.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future,

Reviewed January 30, 2013

my husband and myself recently stayed at the Fairview for three nights ,we enjoyed our stay but when we arrived home we realised we had left a lead beloning to our camera in our room, when i rang the manager answered, i asked was it found and all he said was housekeeping would know,we were then told that our lead had been found in the room and i was asked to send a S,A,E i could not believe it ,i felt it was very bad customer service and the manner of manager or owner was very stand offish.we always stay in the victoria house hotel but this was closed ,i dont think i would stay in the Fairview again.

Room Tip: i asked for a double ,the bed was very small only a 4ft
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jenny M
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the penthouse suite at the hotel, and the penthouse did not disappoint. The bathroom was gorgeous with a gigantic jetted tub, and the living area included a sectional for lounging. I will forever be loyal to this hotel because the staff member who cleaned my room was honest. I left a $500 ring on the nightstand and only realized it once I had traveled 3+ hours to Dublin. Going back wasn't an option. I've left things at hotels before and I've never once gotten them back - even inexpensive items - so I expected much the same when I called the Fairview. I was floored when the hotel manager confirmed that the ring had been turned in and he helped make arrangements to get it back to me. This experience really sweetened my vacation in Ireland, and I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Penthouse was a luxurious treat.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank changmitbo

Hi Changmitbo,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at the Fairview. We pride ourselves on the quality and honesty of our staff and thank you for pointing out how positive your experience with our staff was in securing the return of your expensive ring.

We are so pleased you found the Penthouse to your liking and enjoyed the double jacuzzi bath.

We hope to welcome you back in the future,

Reviewed January 28, 2013

It was a wonderful experience during my stay at Mapple Abhay. Rooms and restrooms were clean. Special attention has been given on hygine and cleaniness of sheets, mattresses and towels. Their restaurant is good. Very warm and cordial staff with good service. Food quality is good. Even the shops in the hotel are good with reasonable rates. I would definitely stay in this hotel in case of travelling to Jodhpur again.
Overall pleasant experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
JimONeill, Manager at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Meenakashi

Thank you for letting us know how wonderful you found your stay with us.

We hope we may have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed for a weekend in this hotel. At arrival we were asked if we wanted to upgrade for an extra 35 euro. We would get a jacuzzi and a gas fire. We accepted and paid for the upgrade. The room we got was spacious enough but had no gas fire as promised. So paid extra for a jacuzzi that was used once. It was freezing in the room the first night but managed to figure out the heater for the rest of the stay. The cleanliness of the room wasn't as clean as you would expect from a 4*. Window blinds were filthy and artificial flowers looked like they had never been dusted. Breakfast was very good. Good selection in the breakfast menu. The hotel staff were friendly. Teh location is spot on. Close to everything in Killarney town. Despite the location we were not disturbed by noise.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
JimONeill, Owner at The Fairview, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear S_Smith345,
Thank you for your comments. Yes, you were upgraded for an extra cost of €35 to a Junior Suite. As discussed with you on arrival all rooms have their own unique design. This is also applicable to our selection of six Junior Suites. Of these six three have fireplaces and the other three have features that the ones with the fireplaces don`t. If we were aware that this was a problem to you we would be more than happy to switch you to your preferred option. In relation to the room temperature, your room had central heating, air condition heating, heated mirrors and underground heating in the bathroom. Again if we were aware that there was a difficulty in operating our multi heating system we would have been more than happy to assist. We are delighted that you enjoyed our cooked to order a la carte breakfast and our unique location. In a future visit, please do not hesitate to contact me personally, so that I can try my best to accommodate your needs.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

While back home in Ireland for Christmas/New Years we stayed at the Fairview in Killarney as well as other places around the country. It was by far the best for service etc. The Breakfast the next morning was the best I have seen with an excellent variety of fruits/cheeses/cereals and juices as well as a selection of cooked food on the menu which was cooked fresh. Our family had between them a Cooked irish breakfast,Omlette, poached eggs and Pancakes. Everything was delicious and fresh and the service was second to none.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gab2013

Hi Gab2013

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. You certainly seemed to enjoy the food and we appreciate your positive comments about the quality and quantity. As you point out you certainly samples a large portion of the menu between all members of your party.

We are so pleased to rate as the best for service etc. on your trip around Ireland.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.