“Lovely Boutique Hotel - Close to Everything”
Review of The Fairview

The Fairview
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed March 14, 2011

One can only say good things, about this hotel! The staff was warm, friendly and most helpful. Rooms were spotless, well appointed and inviting. Bathrooms were immaculate. Breakfast offerings were varied and delicious - I loved the pancakes! The lobby and lounge were grand places to rest and recoup before heading out around the town and beyond. Everything in the heart of Killarney is within walking distance of The Fairview. This hotel is a true example of legendary Irish hospitality. I hope we can visit and stay again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed March 12, 2011

if you going to killarney stay in fairview best in the local. i travel with my family nice service beautiful condition, suited price no word to say. from Mongolian family

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Stayed here with my teenage son for two nights. Got a very good March offer including breakfast. Everyone was very friendly and the service was excellent. The location is fantastic whether you want to drive or walk to it. Breakfast was excellent and varied even if they have rather strange uncomfortable "modern design" knives (definately should be changed in favour of something more conventional) . The room was also great with a perfect bathroom. They asked us to put a review on TA, but I would have done that anyway, I've no problem with that. I would really defininately stay here again as good accomadation in Killarney with good clean heated rooms is not always guaranteed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2011

We called in on a very wet and cold night, our host was so lovely and we got a great price for the room with a spa bath and fantastic bed, it was so central and we found a great restaurant round the corner. We were only going to stay for one night but after our sleep and then breakfast we decided to extend our stay, the staff are absolutely great, our waiter at breakfast was super and the breakfast was to die for. I can't recommend this place enough 10 out of 10 for us.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We spent 6 nights at this beautiful guest house that looks like a gem in the city of Kerry. Upon arriving we were asked if we wish to upgrade our room, so we were given some keys and saw a couple of other rooms where we noticed the difference. We agreed and upgraded our room which was overlooking the square. The bathroom was huge with both a Jacuzzi and a separate shower. The bed and quilt with the cushions were unexpectedly beautiful, but unfortunately one of the sides of the bed where my husband was lying was very uncomfortable and if I knew it I would have asked to be given another room. I only noticed it the very last day we were leaving. This taught me a lesson though, and from then on if I come up with similar problems I complain immediately. The room was cosy, clean and comfortable, and the service excellent. Before upgrading the room I asked to have free internet access so I had this privilege, and could carry the hotel’s laptop up in our room
The hotel looks like a gem in the city of Kerry. Breakfast was ok. We expected something better though, but it was not bad. We never had dinner at the hotel because we found it to be a bit expensive.
In all, I would certainly return and book here if I ever visit Kerry again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank greekcypriot2009
Reviewed March 1, 2011

we stayed here on 17th feb 2011 for 1 night with my husband and as soon as we arrived, we were greeted by Anne who was exceptionally helpful. Our room was top class and had a very big bathroom with jacuzzi......the nightly rate was very reasonably too at €104 per night with breakfast and it was right in centre of town. I had the unfortunate mishap of leaving a necklace behind me when we departed and i rang the hotel back, they could not find it in the bedroom we had vacated so the next morning, they emptied their hoover and there was my necklace..........this was exceptional hospitality and i hope that this hotel is fully booked out for the the season as we highly recommend it and will go back there again when in Killarney....... Anne & larry

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Hi, I have just spend a weekend in Killarney Co.Kerry. My friends and I travelled from Galway. I cannot speak highly enough about this Guesthouse. It is without a doubt the best accomodation I have ever stayed in. It is immaculate. The breakfast is lovely and the staff are so friendly.The rooms are fabulous and the beds are so comfortable.
It definetly lives up to its 5 star award. It is fantastic value and if you are going to killarney you couldn't find a better place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends