The Brehon
The Ross(Killarney)
$254
  • Restaurant
2,457 results
All reviewsdanu restaurantangsana spavitality suitekelly annbar foodbeautiful hoteltop classsteam roomfrom start to finishsuperior roomspa areawould highly recommend this hotellast weekendwedding receptionboth nightsbeautiful rooma lovely stay
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed here for three nights as part of a holiday. First, the bad points - there weren't any! The good points too numerous to mention. All the staff we met were very good and gave excellent customer service. The room was well furnished and kept clean with toiletries replenished daily. I had a small problem with the television, which I went down to reception to ask for assistance. The repair man arrived outside the room just as I did. We ate each night in the bar, where the food was excellent. Breakfast in the restaurant was extensive and well cooked with daily cooked alternatives on request. Overall, this hotel was magnificent, and I cannot praise the staff sufficiently highly.

Room Tip: A room at the front of the hotel gives very good views of the surrounding scenery.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
TheBrehonTeam, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Jaspydog322,

Thank you for your review. Its is great to hear your feedback and that you had such a good stay with us. Thank you in particular for your feedback on the staff in the hotel, everyone here is thrilled to read your comments. We do hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

From the very first day we walked into the Brehon we were welcomed by the extremely friendly staff and the journey began there. We knew as soon as we were shown around the hotel and they explained the details of the wedding package that this was the perfect place to have out wedding. As we are living in Cork and the reception was to be in Killarney i wanted a hotel that i could place all my trust in for them to organise everything with just a few phonecalls back and forth and the staff at the Brehon did this with ease. They were extrememly accomodating and a real pleasure to deal with from beginning to end. They contacted us when we were due to have our meal tasting and although we selected a few items from each course which we would like to try when we arrived our wedding co-ordinator had added in a few extra items for us to try which we ended up choosing. On our wedding day everything was as i imagined and more it really was perfect, the drinks reception, the room, the food and the general service was top class. We all enjoyed an amazing weekend and our family and friends are still talking about how amazing the meal was!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Claire M

Dear Claire,

Thank you for your wonderful review and congratulations again on your marriage. It is important when planning one of the most important days of your life that you trust that you will be looked after, I am delighted this was your experience from start to finish. It is great to hear that all your guests had such a good time. We do hope you will be back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Best hotel break we have had for years. The hotel and staff were a1 at all times.
It was our wedding anniversary and they went out of their way to make our stay great. Looking forward to to going back later this year.
Thanks to everyone in the Brehon. I do not normally write reviews (in fact this is my first one) but i felt that i had to share my thoughts on how good this hotel is.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pat,

It is great to read your review and that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. All of us here at The Brehon were delighted to read your comments. We do hope you will be back to see us again soon and thank you again.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough to stay in,great service,great food,bar food just as good as resturaunt and breakfast fresh and plenty of,rooms spacious and clean,staff extremely friendly and no is never an answer here.perfect location,walking distance of the town during the day and probably a cab at night.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Kirboian

Dear Kirboian,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are are delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your feedback. We do hope you will be back to visit us again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Love love love this hotel.

Every trip I take to Killarney I stay at this hotel and I love it.
It is one of the finest hotels in the country!
The staff are lovely and friendly, the hotel itself is stunning inside and out, the rooms are lovely and spacious with good views of the mountains.
My husband and I stayed overnight he had business meetings and I relaxed at the hotel with an in room movie and room service both reasonably priced.

We ate in the bar for diner but I would recommend adding more options to the menu it was limited for me and there is very limited vegetarian options also.
On a negative the rooms could do with more sockets.

Love it and will return

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Rabeile,
Thank you for your wonderful review. To be described as one the finest hotel in the country is fantastic and a real boost for all of us. We have recently launched a brand new Bar Menu and I do hope you will be back again to sample it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.