“Finest hotel”

The Brehon
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Love love love this hotel.

Every trip I take to Killarney I stay at this hotel and I love it.
It is one of the finest hotels in the country!
The staff are lovely and friendly, the hotel itself is stunning inside and out, the rooms are lovely and spacious with good views of the mountains.
My husband and I stayed overnight he had business meetings and I relaxed at the hotel with an in room movie and room service both reasonably priced.

We ate in the bar for diner but I would recommend adding more options to the menu it was limited for me and there is very limited vegetarian options also.
On a negative the rooms could do with more sockets.

Love it and will return

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
TheBrehonTeam, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Rabeile,
Thank you for your wonderful review. To be described as one the finest hotel in the country is fantastic and a real boost for all of us. We have recently launched a brand new Bar Menu and I do hope you will be back again to sample it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,328)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My daughter Gillian & her husband Liam held their reception in The Brehon Hotel on 15th March, 2014. We, family & friends stayed in the hotel for a minium of 2 nights that weedend. Without exception, Greg & all the staff of the Brehon were so professional & friendly. Our meal for the reception included fillet steak cooked to your liking for each guest, with numbers almost 200 guests, that was a huge achievement, also monkfish cooked to perfection, unbelievalbe. Every detail from the guest reception to our departure on March 17th was 5 star quality. I would like to take this opportuinity to thank the staff, espically Greg for the most special & memorable time in your beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: If you want quality, professionalism this is the hotel to stay in.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank MaryO22
TheBrehonTeam, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Mary,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Congratulations again on Gillian and Liam's wedding. It was a pleasure for Greg to look after you all on Gillian and Liam's special day and he is delighted with your lovely comments. We wish them every happiness in the future and we do hope to see you all back again soon.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were excited to return here in 2014 after having visited in 2005 and impressed at the time. We had a lovely stay and the hotel is still as lovely as when it was first built. This hotel is highly recommended. Breakfast the only disappointment.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade if possible. All rooms are nice, but the bigger ones are particularly good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaithiDufaux

Dear Daithi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Brehon following your recent stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your break with us. I would be delighted to hear a little more feedback on our breakfast as we make sure to take all comments on board and make any necessary changes to ensure we provide the best possible service to our guests. I can be contacted at the hotel on 064 6630700 or lorraines@thebrehon.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My favourite hotel of all time, so many outstanding qualities. First of all, viewing the hotel from the outset it is the most magnificent building I have ever seen, would make anyone driving past want to call in. Good carpark with beautiful well kept lawns and thats just from the outside. Entering the building, it is first class luxury inside, spacious and modern. extremely comfortable surroundings with the most beautiful furniture i have ever seen in a hotel. Could easily spend all day relaxing in the foyer on the most comfortable chairs i have ever come across in my life. All staff in the hotel are efficient and all extremely friendly. Walking past housekeeping staff in the mornings, each one was warm and welcoming and greeted me as well as staff in the spa. Love the spa in the hotel as well. Very high quality food and great choice at the breakfast in the mornings. The rooms are absolutely faultless. And above all this hotel is reasonably priced, even though it is a four star i would actually give it ten stars if I could!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bridie m
TheBrehonTeam, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Bridie,

Thank you for your review. I have passed your wonderful comments to all our staff and they are as thrilled as I am to read your great feedback. To be described as magnificent and outstanding is fantastic. We do work hard at providing 'first class service' and are thrilled that this was your experience.
Thank you again and we do hope you will be back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My friends and I stayed here for our friends birthday . The hotel is beautiful and the staff are very friendly . The food in the bar was amazing ,breakfast was also fab . We had a wonderful stay . However we did feel the lobby was cold so we didn't sit there to long .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Geraldine F

Dear Geraldine,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your experience with other tripadvisor users. We are delighted with your comments and in particular your review on our bar food. I have noted your comments on our lobby and thank you for your feedback.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband went in in march 2014 to brehon for our anniversary. We reached there around 12pm. The staff at reception was very friendly , helped us to get our room key within 10 min. We headed to to our room. A double room which was very nice, spacious and equipped. Cleanliness and ambience were very good. We gotta view to national park from our room.
Angsana spa is a highlight. I had a foot spa, and my husband a back massage and head massage. Jeena was my therapist, she is excellent.
The vitality pool was so nice. All the facilities inside in the pool was excellent. Staff Kristine was very friendly and helpful.
Brehon bar was very good, staff were really friendly. We had lunch from there. We had our dinner from danu restaurant. Kristo rel the manager was very good with all the service.
I liked the most in brehon was the breakfast. Excellent, the range of varieties of items. Very very good.
Overall we had a great time. No words. Beautiful experience!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Keerthi,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your lovely comments on our food, spa and staff. We do hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We had two toasted specials and they were wonderful. We were served by two extremely welcoming and friendly young Gentlemen and I must say our two sandwiches included ham, smoked cheese, tomato and red onion and was most flavoursome. Accompanied by two cups of really nice coffee, set us up for the afternoon. Míle Buíochas Brehon. Incidentally, one of the young men is a student of Shannon College of Hotel Management and I'd like to wish him much success in his career

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aidan W

Dear AodhandeF,

It is great to hear you enjoyed your recent trip to The Brehon Bar and thank you for your lovely review. We do hope you will be back to visit us again next time you are in Killarney.

Kind regards,