“Fantastic”

GreenLeadersGold level
cork
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Got a deal to stay for 1 night,I am a regular visitor to Killarney and always wanted to stay here. I was not dissapointed from the moment we arrived the staff could not have been better.Linda at reception was so nice and John Joe and the bar staff could not have done any more for us they even made up a fab cocktail for my daughter so she wouldn't feel left out.

Our room was unreal bright and spacious ,only thing I would have a small issue with was pillows were a bit soft and after washing my teeth there was no where from what I could see to put my toothbrush.
I had a great night sleep and what topped off my morning was the breakfast what a choice ! I think I actually ate enough breakfast for 2 people :)

My 8. Year old daughter stayed with me and it was great to be able to use the facilities in The Gleneagle. We won't stay any where else in Killarney when we make our return visit.
Well done to all the staff and management.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Clio,
Thank you for you lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing you kind words with other trip advisor users. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Gary Curran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed July 25, 2013

A small group of us stayed in the Brehon recently, we had a most enjoyable stay. The rooms were spotless, food was superb. We dealt with the front office manager Ms. Gina Lawlor. She is an absolute asset to the hotel, her professionalism and manners excels all expectations. I would defeinetly recommend this hotel and we will be back at some stage.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Eileen,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I will ensure all our staff are aware of you lovely comments. It is comments such as yours which makes all the hard work worth while. We do hope to see you back again soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

As part of our Ireland tour, we spent two nights at The Brehon Hotel. It's a beautiful hotel and the rooms are very nice. The room was clean, and the beds very comfortable. We had private dining with great menu choices. Breakfast was a buffet, and yes there were a couple of items that were not what we would expect at breakfast. But, that is why we travel, right?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vbayliff
Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and take all our comments on board to ensure we continuously improve our service.
Tullamore, Ireland
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed in The Brehon with my boyfriend towards the end of June. Very enjoyable stay, the staff were lovely especially the lads behind the bar. The swimming pool and spa was excellent we spent a few hours relaxing there. Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment as it was not overly warm had to ask to have it reheated, that was the only fault. Apart from that we had a great stay and great views from the bedroom window!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 628MIcH
Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for your comments on our breakfast. Generally the feedback on our breakfast is very favourable but we will use your comments to ensure we are providing the highest possible standard to our guests.
Thank you again and we do hope to see you back again soon.
Collinsville, IL
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for two nights during a coach tour of Ireland. The receptionists were very helpful. Our room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. As we were with a tour of 46 people, we had a dining area to ourselves. The breakfast buffet was fine. Being an American, some of their breakfast items seemed a bit odd but overall the meal was fine. We also ate dinner at the hotel one night. The meal was included in our tour package. It was very nice. I was taken aback by the bill we received for two Cokes. 11 euro ($15 US). We stayed in several nice hotels and ate at some very nice restaurants during our trip and were never charged that much for soft drinks.

2 Thank moakley64
Dublin
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I spent our first wedding anniversary weekend in the Brehon Hotel, Killarney and it was one of the best vacations we've ever had. It was my first time in Killarney but my husband had been many times as a child with his family and always stayed in the Gleneagle hotel. The Brehon is owned by the same family and it seems the same level of customer care and attention to detail has carried through.
From the moment we walked through the doors, the staff were so attentive and friendly. Our room was fantastic - on the top floor with a beautiful view of the lakes and mountains. The air conditioned room was much appreciated in this heat!
We had dinner in the Danu restaurant and again the service was excellent, as was the food. I went for the Salted Sea Bass and it was one of the nicest pieces of fish I've ever had.
On our second day we went to the Angsana Spa for some messages - it's a Thai Spa and the experience of the girls working there was second to none. Our treatment lasted almost two hours and at the end we were given some water and a gorgeous tray with fresh fruit. The messages themselves were out of this world - I went for the Angsana signature message and I felt like a new woman after it.
Later that day we went for a bike ride around the parks and lakes, and the hotel organised a packed lunch that we could take with us - it was little touches like this that really impressed us.
As someone who normally holidays abroad, I must say that this experience has made me want to explore what's on my doorstep more and a hotel like the Brehon really shows Irish hospitality in a wonderful light. I look forward to visiting and staying there again in the future and for a long time to come. Thanks to all the staff at the Brehon for making our 1st anniversary so special.

Room Tip: Top floor provides a wonderful view of the surrounding countryside
1 Thank Janbuck
GCurran, General Manager at The Brehon, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Past Guest,
Congratulations again on your first wedding anniversary. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for your lovely comments and such a wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Ireland
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed in the Brehon again last weekend and really enjoyed our stay.

The Ladies on reception were very helpful on check-in. We had a lovely room and the complimentary water came in handy on such a warm weekend! We never heard a word from upstairs or the rooms beside us for the whole weekend which was brilliant. No banging doors unlike other hotels we have stayed in.

We had Bar food on the Friday night. I don't know whether the Air Conditioning wasn't working in the bar but it was extremely warm in there and a bit uncomfortable too be honest. We both ordered the Prawns with Noodles dish. It was really tasty!! We shared the hot brownie dessert and that was lovely. I had to wait a while to try and pay at the bar. There were a few working behind the bar but the service was not the best.

Breakfast was lovely on both mornings. There is a huge continental selection. The hot selection is buffet. I loved when you could order from the menu (especially the Eggs Benedict) but that has changed now.

We used the Spa in the afternoon and it was lovely down there. The pool is small but is Adults only so was lovely and quiet. The Steam Room was out of order but we did use the Sauna and Hot Spa. The girls in the Spa were really lovely.

We booked dinner in the Restaurant that night. €35 euro a head for a three course meal with tea or coffee. We both had the Monkfish starter which was gorgeous! I had the Hake for main course and hubby had the Pork. Both were very nice. We had Creme Brulee and the Panacotta for dessert. Very nice! The waiting staff were fantastic and could not have done anymore for us. They were the same for breakfast.

Check out was excellent and we will definitely return again to stay!

2 Thank CarrigGirl