The Brehon
  • Breakfast included
$283
$273
$281
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
$161
The Ross(Killarney)
$254
  • Restaurant
2,457 results
All reviewsdanu restaurantangsana spavitality suitekelly annbar foodbeautiful hoteltop classsteam roomfrom start to finishsuperior roomspa areawould highly recommend this hotellast weekendwedding receptionboth nightsbeautiful rooma lovely stay
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Brehon for 1 night in June. We really enjoyed our stay. The staff were so friendly and helpful especially the receptionist and bar staff. The room was beautiful & the food & service were great, we will certainly return for a longer stay next time,

Room Tip: Just enjoy your stay. The beds are so comfortable. Best sleep ever in a hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Helen K
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed for three nights at the beginning of July - we were very fortunate with the amazing weather so i think this helped no end! Nevertheless I was extremely impressed by the level of service and the beautiful room which had an entrance hall and a huge bath with beautiful views. The spa was also wonderful and I really enjoyed my waves massage and the high level of service at the spa.
I also could not fault the restaurant as we both had a delicious three course meal and perfect wine to match.
The only tiny couple of quibbles I had personally were the 10 euro per person charge for breakfast room service and also the fact that there's no free WiFi in the rooms. I've stayed in many luxury hotels and I've never been charged extra for tray service when I've already paid for breakfast. I don't agree with this. And all modern hotels really need free WiFi in bedrooms. Small things though, and they didn't take away from a wonderful stay. I'd highly recommend this hotel if you're stating in Killarney. It is better then it appears on the website!

Room Tip: We had a superior room at the front of the hotel - really great views!
2  Thank HayleyESullivan
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at the Brehon in July '13 for two nights to attend a wedding (and ended staying for an extra night) . Hotel is very clean & well maintained .Staff are friendly and helpful espically the main desk. Entertainment in the bar was very good .

2  Thank Stephen E
GCurran, Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Stephen,
Thank you for your wonderful review and for sharing you experience with others. We do hope to see you back again soon.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Myself & my husband have just spent 3 nights in The Brehon and we could not have wished for a better hotel or short break. The staff, facilities, food and all round atmosphere at the hotel is second to none. A special mention to John Joe in the bar, who was very helpful throughout our stay. A lovely man! We cannot wait to return to The Brehon. I would highly recommend this hotel!
Sheena and Gavin Quinn

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GCurran, General Manager at The Brehon, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Sheena and Gavin,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. To be compared to Heaven is wonderful! I will pass your lovely comments on to all our staff and in particular John Joe. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great stay here. Hotel staff are very attentive, check in was swift and flawless (no attitudes, no awkward silences, no vacant stares), you felt like a priority which was nice. We were offered help with our bags (becoming a rare offer in hotels now), which we declined. The lifts were clean and pleasant, quickly accessible and no fuss. Ours was a standard double bedroom which was clean, breezy and large, with a big bathroom. The pool in the Angsana spa is lovely and peaceful. Steam rooms and sauna the same. The in-hotel restaurant is a must - order the steak. One of the best dinners I've eaten. Breakfast in the mornings is also very well catered for. Overall a very pleasant stay and all with very good, friendly staff. The only downside was the 11.30 a.m. checkout time which felt a bit early considering check in on our day of arrival wasn't until 3pm.

Room Tip: Be advised on the 11.30 a.m checkout time which is quite early. Top floor rooms will offer better views of the mountains and surroundings as well.
2  Thank Clouise_m989

Dear past guest,
Thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you back again soon.
Yours sincerely