“Best B&B”

Woodlands Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently returned to Ireland after a three year hiatus. I usually stay at Woodlands B&B. I found that nothing had changed. Paud and Julia O'Donoghue are great hosts and friends. They gave me the same room as always. Large and comfortable and clean. Great fry ups in the morning with plenty of good cheer to start the day. Paud always has ideas and information on what to do for the day. Woodlands is about a 15 minute walk from town center, so it's quiet at night. The National Park is right across the road. There is a new trail along the Deenagh River heading into town. I highly recommend this B&B. I've stayed in other B&Bs in Killarney and I haven't had a bad time in any of them. But, I keep coming back to Woodlands because of the warmth and friendship of Paud and Julia.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kavvid

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Our 2 night stay at this B&B was like home away from home. Patrick was very friendly and helpfull. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable and the breakfasts hearty and filling. The establishment is situated very conveniently and not too far from town. We enjoyed our stay and wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Colleen N
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Im not one for giving out superlatives, but Patrick and Jules really do run the best B&B my wife and I have seen in Ireland. Breakfast is delicious and the beds were absolutely incredible. It was the best two nights of sleep we had in Ireland. All that withstanding, Patrick and Jules are the real delights of Woodlands. Gracious hosts and with an encyclopedic knowledge of whatever has you in Killarney (golf, ecotourism, you name it) Patrick can point you in the right direction. He even offered to gift my wife a couple paperbacks from their common room since she was running low. If we ever find ourselves in that corner of the world again, we'll be staying there.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris S
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Woodlands Bed and Breakfast is located right across the street from Killarney National Park. There is also a stable a short walk away. It was our honeymoon and Patrick and Julia made us feel at home and were quick to make sure we knew the best places to see. The breakfast was tasty and very filling.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lovetotravel88294
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Honestly, this is the BEST B & B experience I have had in Ireland and I just returned from my 8th trip. I was really lucky to have stumbled upon this B & B on my first trip. Paud and Julia are extremely kind, friendly, and helpful and provide great advice for your daily adventures. It really makes the experience wonderful when you find a place that feels as friendly as family. The B & B itself is very clean with great bathrooms/showers for Ireland/Europe. Breakfast really is delicious. I have probably stayed in 30+ B & Bs in Ireland and the friendly atmosphere, food, and accommodations really are the best I have experienced in Ireland. In the addition, the location is a short walk from Killarney National Park, a beautiful 20 minute walk into town (through the park or along the river) and there are plenty of sights all around (Gap of Dunlow, Ring of Kerry, Ogham Stones, Ross Castle, Torc Waterfalls, Killarney National Park, Muckross House, and more). I think Woodland's B & B makes for a great base to explore southwest Ireland (Killarney, Dingle, West Cork, etc.). I hope you give it a try and have as great of an experience as I have had each trip. I posted pictures from my last trip to Woodlands with the B & B.

Room Tip: Honestly, you can't go wrong. It is a wonderful B & B Experience in Ireland
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Ireland_Addict
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We spent two nights at Woodlands, both were a pleasure. Host was very gracious, lots of suggestions on places to eat, things to do. Large room was well appointed, sitting room across the hall from our room was a bonus. Breakfast was delicious, host serves breakfast and it's a great time to review the days plans - they can even accommodate gluten free diets! Host suggested some interesting places on the Dingle peninsula, we really enjoyed Connor gap.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Karen B
Reviewed September 30, 2012

There are so many wonderful things to say about Woodlands B&B its hard to know where to begin!! We first visited and fell in love with Woodlands B&B in 2005, returned in 2010, and now again in 2012. Patrick and Julia have always gone out of their way to make us feel at home, the rooms are very comfortable and the breakfast is delicious! This time we stayed 3 nights, and just as with our last two visits, each day Patrick was kind enough to chat with us being sure to answer all our questions and make sure we were not in danger of missing something. Always ready with a map or brochure containing valuable information we might not have otherwise had. The location is wonderful, within walking distance to town and easily accessible to The Ring of Kerry, The Dingle Peninsula, Muckross House & Abbey, and Killarney National Park. I can say with confidence you will not be disappointed in this fantastic B&B, the nearby sites, or its lovely hosts. ENJOY!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family