Sika Lodge B & B
$195
$283
$273
$281
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
$161
$156
Orbitz.com
$280
$266
The Ross(Killarney)
$254
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnational parkring of kerryhomemade caramelbaked treatsa lovely double roombooks and dvdshome bakinggreat recommendations for restaurantsbreakfast was deliciouson a daily basisdvd playerminute walk from the centrewonderful staywonderful hospitalityvisit killarneyliving roomevery evening
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I couldn't recommend Sikka lodge more highly. Serena was a Wonderful hostess for an audrey hepburn themed Fancy Pants Tea Party She arranged For our friends birthday. The food was divine and the setting was beautiful. We also stayed at Sikka lodge and it was the best guest house experience we have had. We will most definitely be returning there again next year as Serenas personal touches at the tea party made it a very memorable weekend.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in July 2013 as part of our Ireland and Italy trip. We stayed here for just one night and loved it. We came in a little late and did not realize, unlike the states pubs close pretty early in Ireland(around 8ish). We were pretty hungry so Serena directed us to a Chinese restaurant aournd the corner and it ended being a very nice dinner. Anyways, Serena was an excellent host and I woul definitely recommend staying here. It was also neat to know she was in a cooking compettion similar to Master Chef in the states.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sika Lodge in October. Unfortunately it was only for one day and night, but it was great. Serena is an excellent host and she gave great suggestions on where to go in the area. The room was very clean and spacious. Breakfast was great! We keep saying how we wished we could have spent more time there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I take small groups to Ireland once or twice a year and have had a heretofore favorite B&B in Killarney that I've used for years. Due to some health issues, I was late booking accommodations for my 2013 group and my favorite Killarney B&B was not available when I started planning this year's trip.

After much reading, research, hand-wringing, and a tiny amount of trepidation, I booked 4 rooms at Sika Lodge for a 3-night stay in mid-August. Serena and her husband, Alan, had recently purchased the property and rennovated it, and they had also welcomed the birth of their first child, Aoife Kate, in April, so I worried that running a B&B might be a bit daunting. But early reviews by Trip Advisor contributors were very complimentary and reassuring.

Oh, my gosh! Not only did I have NOTHING to worry about, I couldn't believe my good luck in finding this wonderful property. Serena is an amazing cook and a perfect hostess, as well as being a wonderful mother! She looks so young, but her capabilities and talents in running a B&B are those of someone twice her age!

The property is very easy to find and the location is ideal for anyone planning to travel to the Dingle Peninsula or the Ring of Kerry.

The en suite bedrooms are bright and fresh and nicely furnished with coffee/tea making facilities, hair dryers, power shower, complimentary wi-fi, quality bedding and very comfortable beds.

Our days started off with really wonderful breakfast options -- juices, fresh fruits, home-baked breads/cakes, delicious full Irish breakfast, Serena's special porridge (with Irish Whiskey if desired), and super pancakes. Choosing what to have was challenging because everything looked and tasted so good.

On our second day there, we were caught in a downpour and got soaked to the skin. We headed back to Sika Lodge for dry clothes, hoping to then find a laundromat to dry our wet garments. I asked Serena if there was such a business in Killarney, and she told me to gather up the jeans and slacks and shirts and bring them down and she would dry them for us! We were so appreciative!! She was happy to do this, she said, and we had to force her to accept some Euros for going "above and beyond." She is an extraordinary person, and there's no doubt in my mind she can accomplish anything she sets her mind to. We're just so happy we were able to stay at this very special B&B -- and I definitely will be returning to my new favorite Killarney B&B, Sika Lodge, with another group of travelers next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here and loved it. Best breakfasts and Serena's happy "Good Morning" is enough to wake anyone up and put them in great spirits. Serena and Alan were very welcoming and both had great ideas for things to do in Killarney and places to eat. The Lodge is an easy 10-15 minute walk from the centre of the beautiful town of Killarney. If you are going to drive the Ring of Kerry, drive out or the lodge and turn left and you are on the Ring of Kerry drive! It couldn't be closer. There are lovely walks just from the front door. We spent 2 days in Killarney, this was too short. So we will have to go back darn it!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family