“Terrific Time”

Killarney Tour & Taxi Service
Ranked #1 of 10 Transportation in Killarney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Is it sightseeing, sports, relaxation or a combination of them all? We provide tour and transport services that will benefit the unique needs of groups or individuals. Whatever the focus of your trip, we would be pleased to offer our services for any taxi or tour requirements that might include the following - Cars,& 8 Seaters Available - Depending on the number of people in your party
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We recently Visited Ireland and spent 6 days in Kerry playing golf and sightseeing. Jack Hayden of Killarney Taxi met us at Shannon Airport at 6 am.and drove us around for 6 beutiful days.I would highly recommend this service if you are planning a trip to Ireland in the future.

1  Thank Michael P

Reviewed October 7, 2013

As part of our visit to Ireland we stayed in Killarney for 7 nights. Using Killarney as our base we asked Jack Hayden from Killarney Tour and Taxi to give my family and I a tour of Dingle peninsula and Ring of Kerry. In addition, Jack took us a number of smaller tours of the area such as Jamison Distillery.
My wife and I were travelling with a 2.5 year old and a 5 month old. So needless to say, our group was high maintainence! Jack showed tremendous patience when driving us around Kerry particularly when my son and daughter were working out their lungs in the car. Often when we stopped to take photos, Jack kept the kids occupied with his unique brand of humour.
On Ireland's narrow roads, and steep cliffs, Mr. Hayden was a skilled driver and I felt completely comfortable in his van. I should also add, his knowledge of the region is unparalleled.
Thank you Killarney Taxi for making our trip to Ireland truly stellar!

5  Thank Ali M
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I were enroute from Dublin to Killarney. So grateful for wifi on the train! I was looking to arrange a ring of Kerry tour for one of the days while we were in Killarney and after googling found Killarney Tour and Taxi. I emailed Jack and within moments he was responding and offering to retrieve us from the train station. He was there to greet us and brought us to our hotel as well as stopping at a bank to change dollars! Our Ring of Kerry tour was delightful and very comfortable in the big red van. So nice to feel comfortable and enjoy the scenery. Which is by the way amazing. He also arranged our Gap of Dunloe boat tour which was so much cheaper than anyone else. Don't miss if the weather is on your side. We had a gorgeous day!
Irish hospitality is the best we've ever experienced and Jack Hayden and Killarney Tour and Taxi are a great part of that experience. So grateful to have found them!

2  Thank Franniep55
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Start to finish, Killarney Tour & Taxi provided superior service. Our family scheduled a day tour of the Dingle Peninsula through Jack. He was easy to deal with and very responsive to our needs. Our driver was Kevin--he was not only an excellent and knowledgeable tour guide, but a very safe driver. We highly recommend Killarney Tour & Taxi Service!

1  Thank MOleary44
Reviewed September 22, 2013

May 2013

We (myself and my sister in law) were extremely satisfied by the services provided by the excellent Killarney Tour and Taxi Service. From the start they answered all our emails promptly and helped us work out 4 days of GREAT touring in the SW of Ireland. On the first short day Jack Hayden of Killarney Taxi service picked us up from the train station, took us to our B&B where we dropped off luggage and then we did a short 2 hour tour including observing the Gap of Dunloe just as the late afternoon sky was changing colors and the sun was going down - it was fantastic.

The next day with Jack's knowledge, his patience and low key style which was deeply appreciated we toured a full day – taking in part of the Ring of Kerry and then dropping down to Beara Peninsula via Kenmare, then going over the Healy Pass, where most of the big bus tours do not go and then onto Glengarriff - - a Nature Reserve -- on our wish listed and then took a ferry over to the island of Garinish/Ilnacullin in Glengarriff harbor off of Bantry Bay.

Then the third day we continued with Jack, who is such a great guy, and did a full day tour of Dingle – and because this was in a taxi and not one of those big busses and because Jack was so patient and an excellent driver we were able to stop where we wanted to, go to smaller places to eat or take a break in a pub (like the South Pole Inn) and go over the Connors (aka Conors, Conair) Pass, which is missed in many tours, and take pictures and just check things out. At the end of this tour my sister in law was getting a cold so Jack’s relaxing, patient style was just great so she could enjoy things even while feeling under the weather.

The fourth day Jack (who had another commitment from before) arranged for Tom Hogan (still of the Killarney Tour and taxi Service) and another excellent tour guide to take us from Tralee touring up to Galway (where we then stayed). By taking a tour up to Galway we avoided having to deal with the awkward going back and up direction of the train service from Tralee to Galway so we did not lose a day of touring.

Tom was quite helpful and nice, too and boy could he get through the narrowest passageways without a scratch! It was quite stormy and wet that day and Tom was a trooper. Also on this day my sister in law was pretty sick -- still she got to see the Cliffs of Moher, Burren and the prehistoric structure Poulnabrone Dolmen in as much comfort as possible. In addition to these regular sites we stopped at the small town of Lisdoovarna, where the well-known yearly Matchmaking Festival takes place and there are fun murals to photograph and also a great pub where we had absolutely one of the best meals of our whole trip to Ireland.

2  Thank Rachaelgrage