“Yummy ice cream”

Murphys Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Killarney
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Murphys makes all of its own ice cream from scratch in Co. Kerry, using milk from the rare Kerry Cow breed and hand-made craft. Murphys makes its own sea salt for their sea salt ice cream and even make their own chocolate chips. They also serve coffees and a delicious range of hot chocolates.
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Not having been to Ireland in 18 months, I was looking forward to Murphy's brown bread ice cream which isn't available any longer, alas! I did sign the petition to bring it back, though. The Bailey's ice cream, Irish coffee and honeycomb made up for the loss-almost. Friendly and prompt service and the best ingredients make this premium ice cream spot a must have when in the south west of Ireland.

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Ice cream was ok but I couldnt enjoy after realising what it cost me! The prices are on the wall though so my own fault for not paying attention... Stick to a cornetto

2  Thank Tabbot
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I got Sea Salt which was sweet with just a tang of salty, and the cookie ice-cream because I couldn't decide. Both were good, I liked the cookie one the best. Large was 6.5 Euros, which seemed a little pricey but it was certainly tasty.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

In my opinion the ice cream is overpriced. There was not that many flavours to choose from, perhaps that was because it was April, but overall I have to say I was slightly disappointed. I opted for simple vanilla and strawberry (€5.50 for 2 scoops) and I did not taste anything special! Perhaps I should have been more adventurous with my choices. I must however, say that the staff were very friendly!

2  Thank M R
Reviewed April 13, 2014

It's a regular when we visit Killarney - and the ice cream never disappoints. However, the coffee was dreadful - just like slightly flavoured milk.

2  Thank John A