“Subtle yet flavorful ice cream! (Their friendly service is a definite plus.)”
Review of Murphys Ice Cream

Murphys Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Killarney
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Murphys makes all of its own ice cream from scratch in Co. Kerry, using milk from the rare Kerry Cow breed and hand-made craft. Murphys makes its own sea salt for their sea salt ice cream and even make their own chocolate chips. They also serve coffees and a delicious range of hot chocolates.
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Subtle yet flavorful ice cream! (Their friendly service is a definite plus.)”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My title may sound contradicting. Let me explain. My husband and I had small cups of butterscotch/sea salt and butterscotch/crunch peanut butter ice cream. While the flavors may never immediately shock one's taste's buds they are real and completely satisfying. Upon finishing my ice cream I had a lingering desire for more, which was pleasant and subtle but never dominating. The ice cream was so good the next day at about the same time we headed to the store for another cup of ice cream. What a treat! Oh, did I mention they use real and high quality ingredients only?

• Visited July 2013

“OVERPRICE”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Cost me €18 for 2 children icecream (1scoup in a tub) each and 2 (3scoup in a tub). Found the icecream abit tasteless , for the price you paying I was expecting yummy flavours but no. :( Anyway I ordered a small latte and cappuccino I nearly had a heart attack the cappuccino takeaway cup was HALF the size of the latte TAke away cup. Even though I ordered the same size. It was tiny NEVEr seen 1 this size in my life. Very disappointed paid over €6 for the two coffees . Only 3 mouth of coffee!! :-0 never again its a total RIP OFF!!! Do not waste your money

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ellaellapp
Murcada, Owner at Murphys Ice Cream, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Hi there, Ellepur!

I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your Murphys experience. Please know that we stand behind our shops, and if you're still around, you're welcome to go in for a refund.

Kieran
East Lansing, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must Visit!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Murphys is a fantastic ice cream parlor with incredibly fresh and delicious ice cream. There were many varieties, including raspberry sorbet, cookies & cream, peanut butter, caramel, brown bread, and sea salt. The sea salt ice cream was out of this world! I have never had anything like it before but I wish there was a place that sold it somewhere near me! My friend and I visited twice and both times were able to mix and match flavors. A must visit in Killarney!

Muncy Valley, Pennsylvania
“Try the Irish Cream flavor”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

A refreshing and surprising treat. There are tables inside and just outside. When we visited, it was warm and sunny, so we sat outside. Great ice cream.

Sacramento, California
“Delicious ice cream”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Vanilla/Brown Bread is very good as is the Caramel--in fact, it is all delicious. There is also a location in Dingle which is also delicious. You are offered "tasters" which helps with selection.