“Brilliant Place”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Dragged my kids into this place despite them complaining 'it looks too healthy'! It's actually a food shop and a restaurant. The meal & service were top notch. We sat near the open kitchen so the kids were curious to watch the chef at work. The salads are fantastic and the home made chips some of the nicest I've ever had. Do yourself a favour & check this place out!

1  Thank Rorypatrick

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My first experience in Ireland was lunch at the Wholesome Fayre. The seafood chowder was wonderful. The portion was larger than I expected.

1  Thank 47Karen47
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Just left this place. Called in for coffee etc. Choose 'lemon' cake. Looked amazing and presented well. But was tasteless and hard. Worst cake I've ever eaten. Coffees were very good, hot chocolate was very good but cold. Staff seemed to be all over the place and we waited far too long for our small order bearing in mind it wasn't busy. Staff did apologise for delay, fair enough, but 12mins for 2 coffees & 2 hot chocolates was not on.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Kinsale just lost the title of gourmet capital of Ireland. Very very modern upscale vibe, barista coffees, fresh, fresh delicious food combined in inventive style. My poached salmon served over lettuces, sounds sort of ordinary, but it was not in any way. I had a choice of two fresh salad sides, and an Americano coffee. Part of the beauty was the presentation on a wood board, and the salads were in quirky Crate and Barrel type bowls on a slant. We are here for a month. I plan lots of visits to get healthy delicious meals. They do take out too, so we plan to grab a bottle of wine and some of the food and trek out to the lake. Have not tried the desserts but they look fab, and the displays are amazing. Will try to photo for you!

johnol75, Owner at Wholesome Fayre, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Dear luveur0pe,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you have given us, all the team were delighted to receive such a high quality and detailed critique. We try really hard to provide a quality experience for all our customers and it pays off when we get to read wonderful comments like yours. we truly are greatfull and look forward to your next visit.

Regards.
Michelle.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stopped here for lunch - parking in an adjacent underground garage was easy. The food was delicious and you had a wide variety to choose from - whether it was deli or a full meal, which you could watch the chefs prepare. Great food, easy going atmosphere. I would return here.