“Delicious Food & Efficient Staff”
Review of Wholesome Fayre - CLOSED

Wholesome Fayre
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Santa Monica, California
“Delicious Food & Efficient Staff”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We've eaten several times at Wholesome Fayre and found it to be consistently good. The food is fresh and carefully prepared. They have a very good selection of salads, good coffees and scones. The fish cakes are excellent! The staff is very friendly and capable, the manager is Janet, she's running a great show there! I would definitely recommend this to friends.

johnol75, Owner at Wholesome Fayre, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of wholesome fayre , all the staff were very pleased to read about your positive experience ( especially Janet). We constantly strive to achive the highest levels of consistency with all our dishes , buying our ingredients on a daily basis helps us to ensure all of our produce is fresh, we're glad you enjoyed the salads we put a lot of effort into creating salads with a difference, call back soon for our famous Fish cakes and thank you so much for your recommendation .
Regards John.

ShanIn
“Nice, but it could've been so much better than nice.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This place disappointed me. On the surface it had so much right about it. The location: fab. The decor: really eclectic and fun. The vibe of the place: relaxed and informal. The food, interesting and something a little different.

The food though was resoundingly average. We had a goats cheese bruschetta (which was remarkably unobjectionable) and a onion tarte tatin (it was odd to eat something which tasted like dessert with a distinct oniony flavour).

The onion tarte tatin was for me particularly disappointing. It was advertised as coming with a pepper syrup. So I expected sweet sharp heat with a good punch of caramelised onions. Instead what you got was raisins which had been soaked in syrup with a hint of onion flavour. And to add insult to injury, soggy pastry.

I wish I'd gone for the soup or a sandwich. These looked great.

Dallas, Texas
“Great Night”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My sister and her husband joined us from Oxford, England and we were staying in Killarney for my brothers wedding and traveled from Dallas, Texas. It was so good that we had breakfast there oh and I came back again with clients !
Really enjoyed sampling the cheeses with my sons in your cheese and wine cheese. Hegarty cheddar was a big hit as was the onion marmalade. Janet, was just so great. She is awesome. Loved watching the chef do his magic. Lovely fresh local ingredients. Great value.

South East Asia
“Great addition to Killarney”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wholesome fayre is a great addition to the restaraunt options in killarney. It is simple tasty and wholesome food at good prices. I highly reccomend it for anyone visiting killarney. The service is friendly and efficient and the menu has something for everyone. Most of the lunch options come with good portions of delicious salads made in house. If your looking for fresh food and friendly service this is the place to go.

• Visited August 2013
“Had to go to Mac Donald's after”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Myself and two of my friends went here on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. The three of us ordered the fajitas, even tho the order was put in straight away we could see the chief (open kitchen) hanging around and didn't start cooking the food for at least 15mins instead he was looking out the window! When our food finally arrived it was the smallest portion I've ever ever seen in my entire life!! To make matters worse we each had to pay €13.95 for 2 strips of chicken, couple strips of vegetables and 1 one wrap cut in half!!! We had resort to going to McDonald's when we left because we were still hungry!! This restaurant was a major let down and we will never be returning here again!! We also heard bad reviews from other locals in Killarney!

2 Thank lisa225588
johnol75, Manager at Wholesome Fayre, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
hi Rebecca,
I was disappointed to read your recent review of wholesome fayre our chefs never have an occasion to hang around and they do their best to begin cooking every order as quickly as possible so as not to delay any customer.
our customers have always mentioned how generous or portions are many of whom we offer take away containers to if they so wish, we always strive to offer great food at great value we are sorry you feel you didn't receive either.
Although we take all of your comments on board we feel it is unfair to say you have heard other reviews from locals which were negative, and feel you have to post this on tripadvisor. All of our customers have the right to review or performance and post their own opinion as you can see in the many reviews we have recieved to date.
regards,