“Lovely food but small portion sizes”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wholesome Fayre - CLOSED

Wholesome Fayre
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dublin
“Lovely food but small portion sizes”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here last Saturday. The deli area is absolutely divine and we were very excited about eating lunch here. Our plates arrived and I had the salmon special. Everything on the plate was tasty however I could have eaten twice the amount of rice & salad. The salmon was cooked to perfection though. I felt it was a little expensive for what I had. The owners dedication to excellence is very apparent throughout the restaurant & deli.

Killarney, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just what we needed”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was in Killarney over the weekend with my wife and kids and I spotted this restaurant.. it was close to lunchtime so we decided to pop in for a quick bite of lunch and boy were we glad! Food was excellent, staff very friendly - clean plates all round!!! Will definitely be back

Cork, Ireland
“Best steak-sandwich ever”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

A friend and I popped in here for lunch last week before heading back to cork.It was close to duck in out of the rain, but my friend had gotten food from the deli a few times and said it was good.We both got the steak sandwich,a favourite of mine but it is very safe to say this was the best one Ive ever eaten.The meat was cooked to perfection,succulent roast vine tomato, not too much bread and they let me change the honey mustard mayo for blue cheese.I was upset when I cleaned the plate as it meant i was out of food.We said we would indulge and get dessert.I got the mars bar mousse which was light fluffy and delicious.My friend got the carrot cake, which came highly reccomended by the staff and rightly so.Will be back again have no fear!Not very expensive but worth every penny

Cork.
“So So good”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The restaurant is cut with a lot of charm, the staff are super friendly and are very attentive. The food at the Wholesome Fayer is of high quality and very reasonably priced. There produced are fresh and sourced locally . Our dining experience was excellent.

Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“exactly what killarney needed”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

in the summer to come i can see this place flooded with tourists, it sells artisan meats and cheeses and highlights the great local produce of Ireland and that's just the deli counter. the restaurant itself offers a decent lunch menu where the high quality produce is transformed into a tasty quick meal. i had the salt and pepper squid which was a bargain at 7 euro. the service was good a bit intruding at the start but all and all very pleasant. simply put the best lunch I've had in Killarney.

• Visited March 2013