“Amazing restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wholesome Fayre - CLOSED

Wholesome Fayre
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
Limerick, Ireland
“Amazing restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stumbled upon this restaurant while on a trip to Killarney. Fantastic to be able to sit and watch the chef cook your food. Friendly and welcoming with wonderful food. Will be returning.

ireland
“Go for it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stopped by for a brunch date sans kids. A must for any visitor to Killarney, great ambience, great food, great service. A fully stocked deli and wine bar to tempt your tastebuds. Perfect for a girly coffee morning, a romantic meal and family friendly also. Go for it ....you will not be disappointed.

Ireland
“Felt I was ripped off”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Went here for breakfast this morning. I was offered tea or coffee before being presented with the menu. Ordered coffee and then decided on the full breakfast from the menu - I was advised by the waitress that the coffee was included with the breakfast. It took a while for the breakfast to arrive which didn't present me with any problem but by the time it did my coffee was cold. I was offered another and I said that a top-up would be good. When I went to pay, the bill was more than I expected and I queried it - was told that I had two coffees and this accounted for the additional charge. As a local who likes to support new business ventures I felt ripped off....I won't be back.

Visited April 2013
“Fab food but Flabbergasted by staff attitude.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I thought about writing a review following my first visit to Wholesome Fayre a few weeks ago but i decided against it. Following my 2nd visit however I feel very strongly that some constructive criticism would be beneficial to the owners, who, having met 2 of them on separate occasions seem passionate, delightful, hard working and dedicated to providing fantastic locally sourced artisan produce to the people of Killarney.
This place is a haven for food lovers like myself. Absolutely everything in the shop from the selection in the cheese room to the deli has quality stamped all over it. The inexperienced staff seem very flustered however and there's a 'headless chicken' vibe which is very evident if there are a few people waiting to be served.
On my first visit, I asked if I could sit anywhere (as there's a big sign saying 'please wait to be seated') and nobody had come near me as I stood there. The response from behind the counter was a very sarcastic 'Eh yeah, we'll its not exactly busy is it'...I nearly fell on the floor. Anyway moving to my second visit today and the very same staff member huffed and puffed and gave back answers to her colleague and bad attitude to me, so much so that the 2 of us looked at each other flabbergasted by her behaviour. She even cursed in front of me to her colleague behind the deli and another member of staff cursed at her when she asked if he had time to serve me! His response...'I'm too f*****g busy'...right in front of my face. Needless to say this only worsened her humour.
Now I will continue to visit here as I love their food and i wish them every success, but I do feel the staffing issues need to be addressed, and QUICKLY if they want to establish a good name for themselves and to gain repeat custom. If I didn't enjoy their food so much I would run from here screaming with the attitude i have experienced on both occasions. A busy summer without good customer service and the reviews on TA could be very interesting indeed. Then again let's hope it doesn't come to that.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dollfase
Afoodieofsorts, General Manager at Wholesome Fayre, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Dollfase,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Wholesome Fayre, constructive criticism and feedback from customer is vitally important in our business.
To say that we were shocked to read about your service experience at our Restaurant is an understatement, and to hear of the sub-standard service you receive twice is even more shocking.
We would like to offer our heartfelt apologies at the service you experienced at Wholesome Fayre. The service you received is not to the standard we strive to achieve for our customers.
For us, Food is our passion and we aim to create an experience for our dinners at Wholesome Fayre, service is as big a part in that experience as the food. We have reviewed staff service and etiquette since reading your review and will continue to work on service training for all our staff.
On a more positive note we are delighted to hear you enjoy our food and consider it a haven for food lovers, this is what we are trying to achieve.

Dollfase, We at Wholesome Fayre would love the opportunity to redeem ourselves, please feel free to send me your contact details to my profile and I will get in touch with you, if you wish.

Yours in Food
Management of Wholesome Fayre
Killarney, Ireland
“Great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been here a few of times now, and have never been disappointed with the food. Dishes are fresh and nicely presented, the sandwiches are the best in town in my opinion. There is often a queue for tables here especially at weekends, and I can see why! The cold meats, breads & cheese in the deli are also really good. My one gripe about the place would be with the service, which can be quite slow at times and the staff, while friendly, don't seem very comfortable in their roles and there is often confusion as to who is responsible for what. Hopefully they can sort this out as overall this is a lovely place.

• Visited March 2013