“Elegant”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Very nice and friendly owner/server. Nice choice on menu. Killarney prices. Lovely bottle of merlot to wash it down. I would go back. My husband enjoyed his birthday dinner.

1  Thank BettyBoopClaire
0646637787, Owner at Mareena's Simply Food, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Hi BettyBoopClaire,
Thank you for posting this great review, we are really grateful. I'm delighted your husband enjoyed his birthday dinner. I'm afraid the photo you posted is not from our restaurant but that's easy happen when you go to different places.
Thanks again and hope to see you soon.
Best wishes Mary.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Starting with meeting the lovely hostess whose husband is the chef, everything was uphill from there! We had read reviews in TripAdvisor and stopped by to see it. We did have reservations, but earlier times seem not to be as busy. The food was just wonderful and Mareena gave us good advise on the wine. The monk fish was divine and the warm cashel blue cheese salad was worth the trip to Ireland! Don't miss this lovely, cozy local place.

3  Thank Holly H

Hi Holly H
We are delighted you joined us for dinner and thank you for posting this great review.
I would always advise people to make a reservation as we have only 8 tables and can fill up quickly.
I'm glad you enjoyed everything.
Thanks again,
Mary.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

My wife & I had our last meal in Killarney here. This is a great restaurant with great food and charming service. Mary was very nice and pleasant. We also met some lovely Brits here as well that recommended a good bottle of wine. We hope to visit again soon and recommend anyone visiting Killarney to try them out. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank helade8582

Hi helade,
Thanks so much for this fantastic review and your kind words about me!
It's always lovely when people interact and if they help each other on choices that's great.
Great to read you intend to return and we look forward to seeing you again.
Best wishes Mary.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Beautiful presentation in this small, quiet restaurant. Excellent meals cooked by the owner, with his wife serving and making gracious recommendations. Reservations are a must!

3  Thank Marie E

Hi Marie ,
Thanks very much for the excellent review,glad my suggestions were of help.
Hope you get a chance to return sometime.
Regards Mary.

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Easily one of the best meals I've ever had!there were 5 of us.we all had a starter and main and two had dessers.everybody loved every course.not obe single complaint could be made and I will recommend it as a must do for anyone visiting killarney. Special mention for the monkfish which was perfect!

1  Thank cfarrelly

Hi cfarrelly,
Thank you very much for posting such a brilliant review,we are truly grateful! You and your friends were a lovely group of people and I'm so glad ye all enjoyed the meal.
Hope to see you again next time you visit Killarney.
Best wishes,