“tremendous,”

Herbert Restaurant at the Cahernane
Ranked #72 of 186 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: European
Description: The Herbert Room Restaurant at the Cahernane with Head Chef Paul O'Connor. Enjoy award winning food. Awarded 2 AA Rosettes for Quality of Food.
limerick
“tremendous,”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I ate here with my girlfriend for my birthday and I cant get over the food, This place should be the number one in all of killarney. It was superb. Foget the europe or the park hotel. this place offers 5 star food and it ranks very highly and I have eaten all over the world. Keep it up.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank mamisad

“Wow!!! ”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife recently and we ate in the Herbert restaurant on Weds night. It was closed on Tues and a wedding was booked for Thurs so this was only night available. There wasn't many people in the restaurant, mainly because it's off-season. However, the quite atmosphere was nice. I had fish cakes for starters. Presented on a slate it looked amazing...and tasted superb. There was a lot of fish in them and you could tell they were fresh, delicious. I had steak for mains and it was one of the best cooked and seasoned I've ever had. Again, presentation was top quality. My wife has risotto cakes and they too were delicious. This was followed by apple pie....amazing. For 2 courses it was €39 (or 3 for €48), I did think this was slightly high if you consider then it is €30 for any main then 9 for any starter or dessert. However, tea/coffee was included as was a complimentary fruit smoothie shot at the start. Food was some of the best I've eaten and presentation was among that of an accomplished chef. Well worth a booking, treat yourself if you love good quality ingredients cooked to a high standard.

Killarney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was taken there for a birthday meal. The food was the best I have ever had. I would highly recommend this establishment.

• Visited August 2013