“Excellent food, friendly chinese boss!”

West Lake Palace Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Me and my partner were here on 12 May 2014.. we are Singaporeans that were tired of eating western food for the last 10 days.. so we were looking for chinese food options. Found this unassuming chinese restaurant tucked behind a building off the main road. Located behind Killarney Royal Hotel.

We went in and had the early bird menu, which was slightly cheaper. Early bird menu starts from 5-7pm.. and cost about 10 euros each dish.. The chinese boss served us, and knowing we were able to speak mandarin, he chatted happily with us.

Ordered a Singapore fried noodles and a Malaysian chicken rice. The chicken rice turns out to be Curry Chicken rice. Both of us were very happy with the food!! Singapore fried noodles was really good, just that Singapore doesn't have noodles fried with curry powder. We always wondered why the european countries like to add curry powder to the noodles and call it Singapore noodles. Nevertheless, the noodles and the curry rice tasted wonderful

The best part was actually chatting with the owner, a really sincere and down-to-earth young man. Since me and my bf are Asians, we were extremely pleased to dine in this restaurant that serves food that is very much like what we have at home.

Don't miss out on this restaurant! Even our Irish B&B owners say they used to frequent this restaurant often before it relocated, cos they love chinese food. All the best to the young honest owner and his restaurant!!

3  Thank elshjj

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were referred here by our innkeeper at Algret House. Kind of giggled to be going to a chinese restaurant in Ireland! The food was really good. We had Singapore noodles that were one of the best I have every had. They had a nice big table for the five of us with a lazy susan so we could share everything! If you are tired of fish & chips it makes a great choice in Killarney!

2  Thank kaha58
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The location of the restaurant was different to where it was located on the trip advisor map. We arrived on a wet saturday early evening and the restaurant was empty. Service was friendly and efficient. The mixed starter was tasty, although the BBQ sauce was bit too sweet. We had hot and sour soup. I had the beef curry which arrived in a sizzling cast iron bowl. My partner had the sweet and sour king prawns. It was all very satisfying for what we were looking for but t'wasn't spectacular. I wouldn't knock it though. Twas perfectly fine.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Good value , nice food , very nice place , have a good time ! Beautiful place , nice service ,Excellent service, the staff was friendly and very helpful. The food was good, I had the roast duck with plum sauce the first night, really really tasty. The second night, house chow mein; the last night I had chicken with cashewnuts. Awesome food, I thoroughly enjoyed my dinners there. I will come back again!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

i am a tour guide, as a regular visiter, the restaurant's owner Vicky who's make me feel like families, the food was delicious too, quite environment, close to town centre, the decoration also really very traditional, the waiters are friendly and quick, i like a lot the music the play in the background, great staffs and great stuffs!

1  Thank Mo Z