“Great food!”

The Porterhouse Gastropub
Ranked #10 of 183 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Irish, Bar, European, Gastropub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family run business, with live local musicians 7 nights a week. We opened "The Porterhouse Gastropub" in December 2011, Our mantra is locally produced good food at a good price.
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

First of all, our waitress Trish was 5-star. Great service, great food, good portions, and great ambience, with great live music also! We would definitely go back!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank JBSurfs

• Korean first
Cork, Ireland
“Lovely birthday meal”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Visited Killarney last month for my birthday with my boyfriend and we Definitely picked the right place for dinner.

Great menu with loads of options I had lovely crab claws to start while my boyfriend had the most amazing nachos!

I had steak for my main that was Cooked medium rare exactly how I love it! It was presented beautifully on a slate with a basket of chips with mushrooms and onions! My boyfriend had a burger that looked mouth watering and we also enjoyed some lovely cocktails I had a killer margarita while my boyfriend had a Long Island ice tea!

Brilliant night we will definately return.

2 Thank Sarah H
Cork, Ireland
“Fantastic food but not impressed with barman!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Visited last Thursday with my wife for a meal. It's a lovely venue with lots of wooden decor and nice long bar and lovely little snug areas. We ate from an early bird menu which was 3 course and included a glass of wine for €25. It was one of the best meals we had while we were visiting killarney!
The waitress who served us was extremely pleasant and helpful and we had a really nice conversation with her about the locality and gave us lots of advice about excursions in killarney and the surrounding areas.
Upon leaving we paid our bill and left a fairly substantial tip for waitress to thank her for making us feel so welcome and being so helpful. My wife went to the ladies and I sat at the bar only to see the young barman pocket the tip we had left. I was understandable upset about this but my wife asked that I do not make a scene. I think it was extremely unfair that poor girl didn't receive anything from us for her hard work while the young barman who didn't serve us at all profited from our visit!!!

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Jeffrey W
Porterhouse K, Owner at The Porterhouse Gastropub, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Hi Jeffrey.

First off I just want to say thank you for your kind words about the service you received here with us in the Porterhouse.

But as to the later part of your review, you mentioned seeing one of our barmen taking a tip that was meant for someone else.
We take this kind of thing very seriously and we would really appreciate it if you could please give us some more information.
We would need to know what date this occurred and if possible a detailed description of what happened and what the barman looked like.

If you can furnish us with this information we will be able to follow up on this and take appropriate action

Kind Regards,
Sinead Sheahan
087 7589720
“Gorgeous food, excellent service”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Delicious food and great value early bird menu. Fantastic service on top. My second time here and it did not disappoint!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank KaronaS
Yukon, Oklahoma
“Nice restaurant with good food”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We enjoyed a delicious lunch in this pub in Killarney. It is located on a main shopping street and we just discovered it as we were wandering around. The mussels were plentiful and very good. I do not like the brown bread in Ireland but this restaurant uses a different recipe and it is quite nice. The soup of the day was creamed mushroom and it was delicious. The portion size was so big I couldn't finish my bowl of soup.

Enjoyable time with good service.

• Visited May 2014