“Nice restaurant with good food”

The Porterhouse Gastropub
Ranked #11 of 191 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We opened "The Porterhouse Gastropub" in the height of the recession in December 2011, year on year business has continued to grow. We pride ourselves in serving good pub grub accompanied with live music. We have a full bar, which is known to be a lively spot on the weekends. We offer live music 7 nights a week - all year round. If you are looking for a quiet fine dining meal in a restaurant environment, we aren't the place for you.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We enjoyed a delicious lunch in this pub in Killarney. It is located on a main shopping street and we just discovered it as we were wandering around. The mussels were plentiful and very good. I do not like the brown bread in Ireland but this restaurant uses a different recipe and it is quite nice. The soup of the day was creamed mushroom and it was delicious. The portion size was so big I couldn't finish my bowl of soup.

Enjoyable time with good service.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

The 3 course meal we chose seemed like good value but I wouldn't go for it again. The nacho starter my boyf had was just a shop bought bag of nachos that had been opened and some bits heated and thrown on top of them and the chicken wings weren't much better...def frozen. They were greasy, breaded, deep fried and tasteless.
The upside if any...The steak was good enough and there were plenty of chips. All in all I would say avoid the starters and desserts and just have the one course. Desserts were again...awful. A shop bought selection of ice creams really doesn't do it for me.
The staff are fine if you can get their attention. We waited forever to get menus. They hadn't even noticed us coming in! If they had they clearly didn't acknowledge, welcome or seat us.
My advice....Go elsewhere for your custom to be appreciated and if you're looking to be well fed...or just make the same at home....sure anyone can open a bag or a tub!!

1  Thank Dollfase
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Cozy spot in the heart of Killarney city centre. We had a great burger (seriously good) and a nice glass of house wine. I'd recommend to anyone visiting.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

All was very nice . We went in 5 (early birds) all choice was excellent . I recommend to all ( Food and great price )

1  Thank krystynaszynalska
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We dined in this restaurant in the last week the standard and range of food provided was excellent. The restaurant was quite busy (a good sign) but the service was very good. The staff are very friendly and made time ti interact and still provide good service. all in all a very pleasent visit.

2  Thank griff888