“Top Notch meal in Killarney”

The Porterhouse Gastropub
Ranked #14 of 186 Restaurants in Killarney
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We opened "The Porterhouse Gastropub" in the height of the recession in December 2011, year on year business has contjnued to grow. We pride ourselves in serving good pub grub accompanied with live music. We have a full bar, which is known to be a lively spot on the weekends. We offer live music 7 nights a week - all year round. If you are looking for a quiet fine dining meal in a restaurant environment, we aren't the place for you.
Ontario, Canada
“Top Notch meal in Killarney”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

It looked like a busy night at Porterhouse in Killarney as we arrived and hoped they had room for four for dinner. Only a minute to wait as they hurried to ready a perfect table with a large window overlooking the street...best seat in the house. The staff were so nice, helpful and very friendly ....our server had an wonderful smile. Before I ordered I asked if she had banoffee pie (my absolute favourite) She checked and said there was only piece left and would save it for me. All of our meals were excellent between steak sandwich, lovely fresh large house salad, fish and chips, and stew. We werent rushed and enjoyed a wonderful meal......then my dessert-so worth the wait. A wonderful end to a wonderful meal

• Korean first
Perry Hall, MD
“Delicious food and fast, friendly service and they have music”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We did not even know about this restaurant until we passed a young lady on the street handing out cards advertising this restaurant. We thought, why not give it a try. We are certainly glad we did. The food was outstanding. The restaurant was packed but the the service was excellent and very friendly. The atmosphere was lively and very welcoming; it was a very comfortable place to enjoy the evening. They had two musicians playing very interesting music. They played American songs - Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, etc. at a very slow tempo (imagine "Ring of Fire" at about a quarter of the normal tempo) along with interspersed Irish ballads. I would go back here in an instant.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank jerrye59
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice food with good service”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

It was a calm and peaceful Monday night; food was served within time and was really delicious, I mean really good.

Staff was helpful. As long as you order sirloin steak, I don’t think you would have any complaints.

1 Thank Atif K
Cork
“Best Meal & Service in years.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my wife came to Killarney for a weekend away, while walking around town we came across a young girl handing out Flyers - later on that evening we decided to Dine at the Porterhouse, Instantly we were greeted by friendly staff that seated us promptly despite being up the walls, We were in time for the EarlyBird Special, being a '3 course meal & drink of your choice for €25' We have been to Killarney numerous times, but this is the best I have come across in a long while. When I received my bill, they furnished me with a Tripadvisor Card - and that is the reason I have made an account.
Thanks
Paddy, Ballincollig

1 Thank Paddy O
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Staff were so friendly and very welcoming!! Food was fantastic quality and great value for money! Restaurant is very tastefully decorated and food service was quick!! Great meal and will definitely return again

Visited August 2013