“God Blessed The Ring Of Kerry”
Review of Killarney Falconry

Killarney Falconry
Ranked #1 of 115 things to do in Killarney
Type: Other
More attraction details
Owner description: The traditional application of falconry has been to take a Bird of Prey, train it and then attempt to catch wild quarry with it. Although our guided walks with hawks experience, is not a hunting expedition, it is a leisurely stroll through the majestic settings of Killarney with falconer and hawk/or team of hawks and shows the ability of trained birds and their relationship with their human partners.The participants will have hands on experience with the hawks,you will be able to handle and fly the hawk yourselves under instruction from killarney falconry's falconers. We finish up with an owl encounter where you can handle & hold an owl. Private Hawk Walk Duration 1hr approx One Participant 70euro Two Participants 100euro Three Participants 130euro Family Package (2adults/2kidsU14)120euro Extra Participants/Spectators €30each, Times between 10am to 3.30pm Daily Weather permitting activity. Pre-booking avoids disappointment Locations for Hawk Walks may change due to conditions but normally 5/10mins drive from Killarney town centre Kind Regards Killarney Falconry Geoffrey 0872401551 / 00353872401551
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had a pre-conceived idea that the Dingle penninsula was going to be a better day trip than the Ring of Kerry. Boy was I wrong. We especially enjoyed the hidden gem Valentia island! We took the car ferry across to the island. Not many tourists there. We got to see sites that the bus tours don't go to. Best wat to see the ring is in a small car for sure.

All reviews
"unique experience"
in 12 reviews
"slow motion"
in 3 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
in 5 reviews
"learned a great deal"
"animal lovers"
"worth every euro"

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had the most wonderful time on this tour despite going solo. I had 2 tour guides and 2 hawks, Texas & Arizona (hawks), all to myself. Geoff and John (Irishmen) were very charming as well as knowledgeable. Since I was alone, I didnt have anyone to take pictures, however my tour guides did not mind photographing me and even took great videos. (I will be posting them soon to youtube*) I learned a lot along with interesting facts and picked up some Irish lingo along the way. My tour lasted an hour and was well worth it; they even dropped me off at my hotel. It was a grand time, but now reading the other reviews, I'm envious of the others who saw the owl, as I love all types of birds and have always wanted to see an owl up close. I will have to make another trip to Killarney because i fell in love with the city, the people, the hawks, and the green. I highly recommend this beautiful, natural experience.

1  Thank Designxlea
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hawk walk was a great experience and was one of the highlights of our trip to Ireland. Our guide Geoff was awesome; very enthusiastic and knowledgable about his craft. Alfie the harris hawk was well trained and a lot of fun to interact with. I would recommend this attraction to anyone visiting Killarney!

1  Thank Kyle R
Reviewed May 8, 2013

we had the people from the falconry call to the hotel, they spent 1 hour with us on a walk with 2 of their harris hawks.the two gentlemen were very friendly and professional. had our four year old with us and she was included in the experience, they also brought a barn owl along for her to hold.