“Well run, friendly staff”

Killarney Riding Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Cork, Cork, Ireland
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Well run, friendly staff”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Efficient, well run operation. Well trained & well cared for horses. The trek was mixed ability riders which limited the amount of cantering however the scenery in the National Park was more than enough to compensate. I would have liked an opportunity to get to know the feel of the horse a little before the trek.

Visited June 2014

Rockville Centre, New York, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Active adventurous horseback ride in Killarney Park!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

One of the best experiences in Ireland!! Our entire family of nine had a gentle horseback ride through Killarney National Park. The experts took just our family and it was a not-to-be missed ride through the early morning dew , with the chance to absorb the stupendous, peaceful views. The ages and riding expertise levels were highly varied within the family. The owners had emailed me to ascertain the specific needs of each rider. Great care was taken. The site provides riding boots and helmets. My two granddaughters, 8 and 14 years old will never forget the experience and it was great for the whole family to do something active, a bit adventurous and a true Irish-beauty experience ! Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Janice K
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Relaxing and visually stimulating ride”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Our 3-hour ride led by Honor was easily the most tranquil and beautiful part of our trip to Ireland. The girls at the stable were so welcoming and accomodating to us. Our guide made the ride more fun by incorporating plenty of trots. Trust me, it's worth every penny!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Haleyobryan
Merrimack, New Hampshire
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“An amazing way to visit Kalarney national Park!!!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We went out riding led by Victoria and Matilda astride the four-legged gentlemen Peter and Solomon. The ladies led us with care and were wealths of information about the wildlife and history of the national Park. The horses were gentle and incredibly well-trained responding to the lightest of touches except when perhaps Sweetgrass tempted them more than the reins. We took a two-hour trail ride and wished it had been for four. If we ever find ourselves in Killarney again we would definitely ride here a second time.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worth the money”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

When I parked at my hotel in Killarney I was approached by a gentleman who wanted to take me on a horse and buggy ride threw the park and let me see all seven lakes and the castle. Sounded nice enough until I checked into my hotel room and saw that they had riding stables at the park for the same price. My friend and decided it would be money better spent to on the horse instead of in a buggy. We had read some of the trip advisor reviews and were a expecting very snarly tour guides and that was not the case at all. We are both experienced riders though it's been a while for both of us and had two brand new riders with us. The guides gave us information about the mountain the park and the animals as well as helping the beginners handle the horse and ride properly when we trotted. Yes the guides did for the most part leave right after we dismounted but they had to get the horses back in their stalls and get ready for the next tour. (I know this because I saw it happen as I was waiting in the office for them to get back from their first tour of the day). I am a huge animal lover and am always concerned about the welfare of the animals and you can tell these horses are well trained and still have their own personalities.

Visited April 2014